[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

In AE Table editor
Load > Kernel Partition and in the Open window at Files of Type is PRI Section, but I need to load the RFS Section. The firmware was the SJCam firmware.
Kernel.jpg
I opened 3 firmwares and all have the same values in AE Table.

Will be possible for the user to load his personal picture?

I like now AFT remember last working folder.

I don't know for what it that donated.aft file. The program is the same with or without that file.

enjoy,
Mtz

In AE Table editor
Load > Kernel Partition and in the Open window at Files of Type is PRI Section, but I need to load the RFS Section. The firmware was the SJCam firmware.
View attachment 10762
I opened 3 firmwares and all have the same values in AE Table.

Will be possible for the user to load his personal picture?

I like now AFT remember last working folder.

I don't know for what it that donated.aft file. The program is the same with or without that file.

enjoy,
Mtz

Why do you want to load the RFS partition? AE table is stored in PRI.
Just had a look at SJCAM firmware... Wtf!? It is indeed stored in RFS partition. Seems like I have to add rom as well..

Yeah, most firmwares have the same default AE tables. Even in A2 they are the same.

Will think about the customizable background, think I'll add this.

The donated.aft file does not have any benefits, yet. Maybe in the future, not sure yet.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Edit: Finally I know why there are so many param_XX files in the rom partition. They are calibration files or settings like AE tables. Most dashcams just have stub param_XX files (0KB filesize) but SJCAM for example uses param_aaa_param_release.bin for AE table and more

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
I checked the AE table for the following cameras and is the same:
Why is that difference regarding brightness in shadow area?

enjoy,
Mtz

Were both videos made with the same metering setting? (SPOT/AVERAGE/CENTER) ?

I always use in my standard comparisons default values and for these cameras the AE is Center. For some cameras the Average name is replaced by Multi.

I saw you removed a text. But can you make some option to add text? I know most A7 have a menu option to add user logo name, but for example SJCam doesnt have.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
You have to rename it probably

AFT is generating a firmware with a7firmware.bin name
Your camera expect a name like sd_vico_MS4.bin so you need to rename the a7firmware.bin to sd_vico_MS4.bin.

But I see AFT is creating a firmware with 5kb more than your original firmware so I think is better to wait Tobi@s to look at your firmware too.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think the filesize is fine. If it differs it's probably caused by a slightly different alignment.
If you can't divide the original filesize by 8 (sd_vico_MS4.bin = 22811KB) it will get larger or smaller. The new filesize is dividable by 8 (22816/8=2852)

The name was sd_vico_MS4.bin. I changed from the first time from a7firmware.bin to sd_vico_MS4.bin

Maybe double file extension? xxxx.bin(.bin - second .bin is not shown due to windows settings?)

Nope. Something is different and camera sees that and don't start the update.

Don'T you even get ann update prompt?

No. Nothing. It's like the file isn't there.

But the original binary works?

Could you upload the modified file somewhere?

I did that steps and i didn't modify anything inside and the camera doesn't see this file.

http://goo.gl/AL7sM2

I guess I know whats the problem... Will provide you a test firmware in a few minutes

Back