[App] Ambarella A2 RomKitchen v0.7 (discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw this sucks. Seems I have to actually find out what the problem is and not bow to fix it...

All I can tell you...
doh.jpg

Updated the links in the first post, everything is working now...

It worked! Logo successfully changed!
Thank you so much, you're awesome!

BTW, you should add in the directions, the newly created firmware is saved to the sections folder and named fwcompiled.bin

OK, works for me too, good job, but....

Step 5, Build modified RFS... might want to consider placing function under 'Build' dropdown.
Step 6, Include in fwbuilder..... same comment, consider placing under 'Build'. Also, unlike other program functions, program does not confirm completion of 'include in fwbuilder' with a popup dialog.
Step7, Build A2 Firmware..... binary build file is found in 'sections' folder, called 'fwcomplied'. File size is 1kb smaller than original binary (5061kb vs 5062kb). Used: 20140115-GPS-1CARD.bin. Why's that?

Last edited:
Gonna think about moving th emenu items.
Will add a confirm message to "Include in fwbuilder"

Don't worry about different file sizes. The original Firmware has a lot more padding data between the sections. The built firmwares don't.

Gonna add some "shortcuts" now from time to time, first one today in 0.4:
Shortcut for changing bootlogo.
ambakitchen04.png

Download link in 1st post!

Cool! Change the startup and shutdown splash screens with one click. How about one click "high", "med", "low", or "no" sound?

Edit:

I was able figure out how to load and play PCM files in free open source Audacity 2.0.5.

Used the "Import Raw Data" function.

Looks like I can modify and then save as WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM file.

Last edited:
anyway we can remove the default player?

If you delete it it'll get removed from the compiled rfs.
But: I haven't tested this. You can try but I'm not sure if the dashcam will accept it. Theoretically it should.
No risk no fun - try it :p

(I'll try it later when I'm at home)

If you delete it it'll get removed from the compiled rfs.
But: I haven't tested this. You can try but I'm not sure if the dashcam will accept it. Theoretically it should.
No risk no fun - try it :p

(I'll try it later when I'm at home)
hey thanks for your quick response.

i'd like to try but i do not have a sorted connecter with me currently so too great a risk.

anyway, if you tried do post back the results.
thanks a lot!

Nice!! It work, I had to unbrick 3 time. Then i noticed, That open&shutdown logo must use 2 files even it same logo.

Last edited:
Oooops.. My bad. Going to fix that. Always used 2 images for testing

anyway we can remove the default player?
Ok you can't remove the file. Best idea I have is replacing it with a 1KB file.

The Problem seems to be the dashcams os - whenever it tries to access a file that does not exist it throws an arm exception.

v0.4.1 is out, fixed several bugs listed in this thread an some others.

Ok you can't remove the file. Best idea I have is replacing it with a 1KB file.

The Problem seems to be the dashcams os - whenever it tries to access a file that does not exist it throws an arm exception.

Can it replace default player to Registrator Viewer?

Yes, just replace XX___DVRPlayer.exe with your desired application.

Good lord Tobi@s, I'm gone for a week and you've done so much progress for the mini0801. Are you gonna get a mini0803 as well? That way we can have custom firmwares for that camera too when it comes out :D

Thanks mate :)

Not sure if I'll get the mini0803, A7 would be interesting but I also have an eye on jokiins GT2S.
Maybe I'll get both, cause my mini0801 is still not reliable enough for daily usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back