[App] Ambarella A2 RomKitchen v0.7 (discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Sorry :p
DirectUSB is already using the "command mode". You can't say it's a terminal where you can send commands. It's more like sending binary dataarrays to change the modes and transmit the data

So is there anyway to send the SD card fw .bin to cam if the cam is brick?

No. But I just got another idea. let me check that when I'm at home.

No. But I just got another idea. let me check that when I'm at home.
How is the new idea? I am thinking flashing a mini0801 fw through DirectUSB to my Vico DS2. Even it won't fully work, it might look for upgrade from SD. Then I can put in the DS2 .bin fw in SD to let it flash. Do you think it will work?

Dont do it, request the elf from vicovation. I forgot to check my idea :p You'll have to wait again

Vicovation refused to provide the elf version fw. They asked me to ship camera and will charge repairing. They also insisted the DS2 won't accept DirectUSB flash so there won't be elf fw available.. I don't think that is true since I tried the DirectUSB and flash the amboot_q2.elf from another thread http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/bricked-mini-0801.3236/page-2 and was able to see from the DirectUSB "upload" the BST/BLD/PRI/DSP sections are all flashed in(even the cam still not booting). I also got two directory DCIM and ..(forgot name) created by the cam after the _q2.elf flash.

Last edited by a moderator:
quite interesting. I flash the 20140115_0801_SPIF_2710_A310_GPS_1CARD_OJOCAM.elf through Direct USB and now I get my Vico DS2 function like a SD card reader. Although not boot as cam yet.

If you could at least get it to boot you might be able to get the correct firmware to load from card

Tobi@s, would you be so kind to fix the download link for other OS?

Link is working for me

strange, I always get zero file download
-rw-r--r-- 1 evaldas evaldas 0 Feb 9 00:53 AmbaRomKitchen-041-out.jar

tried with different pc/oses, different isps
windows exe file download is okay

Dont do it, request the elf from vicovation. I forgot to check my idea :p You'll have to wait again
Hi Tobi@s,
Export all sections is working fine. Then tried to use RomKitchen to export the romFS but it keep showing "Exporting..." for very long time but the folder "..\romfs" is empty. Any thing I did wrong?

Still waiting for your idea. I have tried flashed 20130903-NO1-SPI-1CARD-2710-GPS-MA310.elf into my Vico DS2 and make it working as a SD card reader. The cam will create folder "DICM" and "MISC" in SD card after boot. The screen still black, but I can see it displaying something (like the car logo of mini0801 but just guess from the dim flashing screen). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Have you tried the proper Vico firmware bin file? You may need to rename it to the 0801 naming convention though to be recognised if you have some sort of hacked 0801 version on there now

Yes, I did. But since the screen is black , I can't see anything and can only guess if there is prompt for confirming fw upgrade. No success yet. Do you know if the mini0801 fw will create the "DICM" and "MISC" folder first then check for upgrade or check for upgrade first? Will the cam check the date of .bin in SD card to decide if it is a real upgrade?

try this filename for the vicovation .bin: firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin
Put it in the root of your sd-Card
If the Firmware is recognized you'll get an update prompt where you can choose between yes and no. (no is default)
choose yes and click "OK"

Thanks Tobi@s!

I did try that and many other names people suggested in other thread, but since I can't see the screen (black), I am not sure if there is a prompt to choose yes or no. I only press the up/down keys and ok by guess. No success. The cam always create the folder "DCIM" and "MISC" whenever I delete them. Seems my key press doesn't work.

Probably the buttons are mapped different

ok, I will try to assume diff combination of key press. Got to take sometime to test them all out. Will post result later. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back