App doesn’t register wifi signal

briztraveller

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I recently updated the firmware to enable automatic parking mode. My camera was working and recording perfectly before that. After the update as suggested here on your homepage, the camera powers up, the constant green light is on, but the app does not register the Wi-Fi signal. I deleted the app and re-loaded it on my iPhone , still it can’t detect the Wi-Fi signal. Moreover, the camera does not record, there is nothing on the SD card. Could you please help me? Thank you.

I'm not an expert but if the light stays green I don't think you completed the update. Solid light means it's not recording, flashing means it's recording. Formatting the SD card and placing the update onto the root directory and then inserting back into the B1W while powered by car or power bank and allowing it to complete the update may get you going.

Edit to add: After the update is completed you should hear "SD card detected" then shortly followed by "Recording Start".

Last edited:
Thank you. I’ll try again. I left the card in the cam with the update files for a minute, I will leave it longer. Cheers.

Thank you. I’ll try again. I left the card in the cam with the update files for a minute, I will leave it longer. Cheers.
Your welcome. I hope it works, if not estore009 will probably be able to help you resolve the situation.

I left the micro SD card with the 2 update files in the camera (powered) for 12 minutes, still nothing. Constant green light, the cam doesn’t register the updates and there’s no wifi signal. ☹️

Could someone please send me a link to the reset firmware? I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

You might try looking at this post. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/accidental-firmware-update-trouble.36801/post-480742

I thought the reset firmware was on blueskysea website but seems their sites download section is broken at the moment.

Thanks. I've tried it but when I connect my cam to my laptop, there's no interface generated by the tool. Do you have any advice how to get the interface (shown in the two pictures with Chinese writing in the Tool) to upload reset files to dashcam? Thank you.

Thanks. I've tried it but when I connect my cam to my laptop, there's no interface generated by the tool. Do you have any advice how to get the interface (shown in the two pictures with Chinese writing in the Tool) to upload reset files to dashcam? Thank you.

I tried it on my machine.

I took memory card out of b1w.
Pressed the button on b1w while attaching USB cable. It automatically installed device
I opened the tool, Selected the file from 2nd link and updated

if that doesn't work for you I'm not sure what to suggest.

Keep pressing the button on the camera when plugging it into your computer USB socket!

I tried it on my machine.

I took memory card out of b1w.
Pressed the button on b1w while attaching USB cable. It automatically installed device
I opened the tool, Selected the file from 2nd link and updated

if that doesn't work for you I'm not sure what to suggest.
Thank you. I managed to connect cam to pc and upload files. Put card with updates in cam, powered up cam in car, it said something in Chinese, then constant green light. Still no wifi.

9DA548D2-5340-4FF6-B797-B58DAEF81E67.jpeg6245295F-3858-4AA2-80A0-0E4EDB3F491C.jpeg9DA548D2-5340-4FF6-B797-B58DAEF81E67.jpeg6245295F-3858-4AA2-80A0-0E4EDB3F491C.jpeg
Thanks. Please see my reply below. Still no wifi signal.
I am using a different PC as I have trouble opening the USB link file on mine. On the other PC in advanced setting the left column values are 0000000, different from the sample image. When I press Start Upgrade, it fails after 20%. Please see attached photos. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you.9DA548D2-5340-4FF6-B797-B58DAEF81E67.jpeg6245295F-3858-4AA2-80A0-0E4EDB3F491C.jpeg

The file that's in the second link in that other thread is named "CDV04 SEORD005283", I don't see where your selecting "Load From Bin File" and choosing that file from the second link to do the update. The files your using are not part of the instructions to do the reset as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your very quick reply, I appreciate it very much. I tried only the above file.
However, it fails uploading. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

56607D3F-641E-4E16-BCAA-495A8580DB96.jpeg
D92C8440-9B60-44D7-8C2E-F990B1550747.jpeg

I'd suggest:
Check the box "Load from BIN File"
Select File Icon and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the file "CDV04 SEORD005283" and choose it.
Once Load from BIN File is selected and you've given it the correct path to CDV04 SEORD005283, Select Start Upgrade.
Leave everything else alone that wasn't part of the instructions in the other thread.

Some of the screen shots your posting I'm not familiar with because I only did what the instructions stated to do, so I didn't go into any advance settings or anything.

Last edited:
f.png

Check the box "Load from BIN File"
Select File Icon and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the file "CDV04 SEORD005283" and choose it.
Once Load from BIN File is selected and you've given it the correct path to CDV04 SEORD005283, Select Start Upgrade.

Thank you very much for your help. I managed to reset the cam and load the updates. Now all’s good, wifi ok, camera records and stops automatically.
Cheers from down under!

Back