APP not connecting to camera

Toni Murga

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi there.
I got my camera, downloaded and installed the app (IOS), my Iphone detects the wifi from the camera without a problem. The camera detects the card and says that starts recording and the green light is flashing but the app doesn’t connect to the camera no matter what I try. I have formatted the card using the Guiformat as per instructions on the booklet, tried quick format, and slow format. The app refuses to connect to the camera. :(
I am using a Sandisk ultra sd card 64Gb. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is to update the camera’s firmware. Should I do it?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

have you turned off you data on the phone?

You don't have to turn off the data, you just have to connect the phone to the camera.

You don't have to turn off the data, you just have to connect the phone to the camera.

I have to, otherwise the phone attaches to the B1W's WiFi, recognizes there's no Internet and then routes everything through data
perhaps that's just me though

You do not have to turn off the data! But need to re-do the WiFi connection in your phone settings before you open the app to see the image from the camera!

You do not have to turn off the data! But need to re-do the WiFi connection in your phone settings before you open the app to see the image from the camera!
Thanks for the hint. I’ve tried both again and no results at all, I wonder why the Iphone can find the camera’s wifi, hook onto it but the app cannot connect to the camera.
Tried several times, with no results.
I’ve checked the card in my pc and it does record video properly. I can see and play all the different videos from the times I’ve tried. I will re-intstall the app as last resource, but I do not know what else I can try.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I’ve reinstalled the app, and now it does detect the camera and I can adjust the settings. Final question: do I have to format the card again from the app?

Allright, thanks a lot, one last question if I may; How does one erase the locked files eventually? Formatting the card again?

Dash cam can keep looping recording even if its memory card was full! And suggest you format the card monthly to avoid these card-related problems!

Back