App update-cams no longer found

TVMA Doc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else having this issue? I've only had the camera for a couple of weeks and it was working fine. The BlackVue app had an update that added Bluetooth option, but now I can't get the camera connected either by Bluetooth OR the old direct WiFi. Any attempt to link the camera results in "no camera found". WTF? The camera isn't useable without the link. I can't even tell if it is aimed correctly even IF I decide to offload files by removing the USB card. That requires removing the cords, something that often slightly rotates the unit in the mount. What is BlackVue thinking?

BlackVue ignores me when I request help. At least BlackBoxMyCar contacts me, but it was clearance so no option to return. They suggest firmware update, but I've seen those brick other hardware in the past. Is this really the only solution?

Im having the same issue as you since app update. Pulled card reformatted and installed latest software and still wont connect. Im guessing blackvue will have to fix the app for us?

Back