Approved Memory Chips?

Gary Edstrom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a list of approved memory chips for the DR650GW anyplace? I tired going to the BlackVue web site, but didn't find anything except their own brand of chips.

No list anywhere, but hopefully some users of this model / brand can fill in, Blackvue are one of the brands that appear to go out of their way to make sure memory card compatibility is as little as possible.

I was using the Samsung Evo Select before they made some manufacturing change. The Sandisk Ultra A1 works well.

I tried a 256GB Sandisk High Endurance. Within a week it slowed down to a crawl. Now when I insert it in to any system it takes forever and a day to even appear and is barely writeable or readable (if at all).

All Samsung SDCards I've tried have either done that, or written once and not been erasable.

I'm suing Sandisk Extreme cards at the moment. But my camera (that I've had for 6 years if not longer) seems to be overheating at the card reader. After about 2 hours I start getting a lot of errors. Need to unplug the dashcam from power and let it cool down. Unsure if this can be resolved with different cards or if my camera is just having old age. 6 years of being regularly parked in direct sunlight under the Australian sun. I'm OK with that.

I've used SanDisk cards since the beginning, have quite a few CF cards as well as verious SD cards. Never had an issue but I have probably upgraded capacity before they get too old.

If you are rewriting the cards continuously replace it every year or so.

I bought 256GB high endurance cards for my cameras & a spare card for each camera.

Back