April 2018 - Here we go again... :/

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
Just when I thought the weather would be somewhat normal this year, it rears its ugly head again. And guess who is going to get the short end of the stick again? Yup, my neck of the woods! :mad:
When the rest of the country is enjoying a relatively normal Spring, here where I live it's already Summer:
Weather April 19th 2018.jpgWeather April 20th 2018.jpg

And it's going to last almost a week:
IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, Torres Novas, Abril 2018.jpg

Last edited:
It seem spring have been skipped here too, right now the warmest places are at 21, and not too far south ( Amsterdam ) its 28 degrees.

I do hope this dont mean we will have the same lackluster summer as last year, im in the mood for some serious UV spanking.

It seem spring have been skipped here too, right now the warmest places are at 21, and not too far south ( Amsterdam ) its 28 degrees.

I do hope this dont mean we will have the same lackluster summer as last year, im in the mood for some serious UV spanking.
Now imagine the British, for whom a Summer's day above 20ºC is almost like winning the lottery, getting 26ºC mid-April! As they say, the mind boggles! o_O

It's ok to have these temperatures but at the right time. You know something's very wrong when you have to turn on the car's A/C mid-April, like I had to do today.

My car dont even have AC, the same car in 2018 model have that and other things too, and it are a good deal cheaper then mine when i got it in 2012. :cautious:

Yesterday as the first summer day here ( over 25 degrees )
Thats the earliest one in 54 years

Now imagine the British, for whom a Summer's day above 20ºC is almost like winning the lottery, getting 26ºC mid-April! As they say, the mind boggles! o_O.
I nearly toasted my three front-facing cameras in the sun when I had them recording for just 30min yesterday in a parked car :eek:
I kind of forgot they were powered up while I was crawling around at the back of the car fitting two B1W's in the rear side windows....

I nearly toasted my three front-facing cameras in the sun when I had them recording for just 30min yesterday in a parked car :eek:
I didn't check your UV radiation levels for today but if they are as high as over here (8), you better not do that too often...

Same deal today though there are quite a bit of wind too, i really like this, if it wasent for the wind i would have worn a T shirt for the first time this year.
Lots of people down on the "get seen lawn" alongside the river down in mid town, and the girls are flashing their stuff too, time to start slapping my wrist again and mumble " you dirty old man" due to my thoughts. :giggle:
still too cold for my liking aside for here in my south facing living room, the sun really do put some heat into it.

Things are back to normal here tomorrow, sub 15 deg C and rain every day for the next week.

And in Phoenix this is what the next 10 days bring -- please convert to Celsius. C = (F - 32)/1.8.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAZ0166:1:US

Brian
It's easier to just go to the top bar of the site and change from ºF to ºC. ;)

But yeah, not what we're used to in this part of the world, despite having had a similar situation in April 2017. Coincidence or not, in that month you stayed well below the April average, according to the site you linked. :)

Things are back to normal here tomorrow, sub 15 deg C and rain every day for the next week.
In the meantime, the forecast for next week got worst (33ºC/91.5ºF for Monday and Tuesday) but then it changed again. Now they're forecasting only 28ºC/82.4ºF for Monday and 30ºC/86ºF for Tuesday, then back to 28ºC/82.4ºF on Wedneday and Thursday and then it drops down to 19ºC/66.2ºF on the following days.
As usual, a daily check is always needed because it's only forecasts. I just hope it doesn't change for the worst again.

Raining again here....

Just like the month of May June set records, it became the warmest June in 26 years here in Denmark.

+2 degrees C over the normal temperature for the month, sun hours just around 290 ( tied #3 overall ) where the record for June are 303 hours set way back in 1936.

And the drought index ATM, which are pretty much off the chart.

5b39deca2ceb6.png

No rain in the forecast for the next 2 weeks maybe a little fluffy clouds and thats it,,,,,,,, i love 2018 so far, farmers ???? not so much.

Just like the month of May June set records, it became the warmest June in 26 years here in Denmark.

+2 degrees C over the normal temperature for the month, sun hours just around 290 ( tied #3 overall ) where the record for June are 303 hours set way back in 1936.

And the drought index ATM, which are pretty much off the chart.

5b39deca2ceb6.png

No rain in the forecast for the next 2 weeks maybe a little fluffy clouds and thats it,,,,,,,, i love 2018 so far, farmers ???? not so much.
You must've read my mind: I was just about to post here about you weather. :) There's this couple of Danish YT vloggers that are thinking about moving to Lisbon, they were visiting the Setúbal area and complained about the weather. The guy said he phoned his father in Denmark and he said the weather was much better up there. You can thank the AAC (Azores Anti-Cyclone) for that. It has moved far North than the usual, affecting the British Isles particularly hard. According to the British Met Office, the situation will remain like this for at least the next 4 weeks. @Paul Iddon or @TonyM can confirm.

That positioning of the AAC lets the cloudy, cold air fronts approach Portugal. Here it's been overcast with some rain and highs around 25-26ºC. Just perfect! :cool: However, starting next weekend we will be back to business as usual: 35-36ºC and clear skies. :(

Nice, dry and sunny up here - has been like this for a couple of weeks. Long term forecast to the end of July is for fine, settled weather with above-average temperatures.
1530610665293.png

Nice, dry and sunny up here - has been like this for a couple of weeks. Long term forecast to the end of July is for fine, settled weather with above-average temperatures.
View attachment 39631
Not bad. The same can't be said about the center and south, at least according to what I've been hearing on the radio and watching online.

Denmark are getting tanned.

This is us July 2017 --------------------------------------------- And July 2018
imagescaler

27 Danish firefighters just left for Sweden with equipment to join the international task force up / over there battling forest fires.
We had ourself 1000 fires here in the past month or so, but we dont have large forests to burn, its more fields when the farmers try to harvest then and a spark occur.

Danish farmers estimate a 40 - 60 % loss from crops.

Last edited:
Maybe the swedes should ask for our help, we have plenty of experience (unfortunately not for the best reasons). Our firefighters are virtually just hanging around, doing nothing.

Yeah. more people from here ( 60 ) and around the world on their way to help the Swedes with their fires.
As i understand it they are all volunteers, spending their holiday working over there,,,,,, gotta respect people like that doing something big for nothing.

Back