April 2018 - Here we go again... :/

Good intentions are good but whe it comes to those types of fires, it can go horribly wrong if they're not tackled by people who know what they're doing.

Indeed its not like we Danes have much experience with wildfires, so i guess its a learning experience too.

Last week a firefighter was killed at one of our local fires,,,, a tanker truck backed over him :rolleyes::(

One of the fires here have now gone underground, its in the area called "lille vildmose" North of Randers where i live, "Mose" is the Danish word for Bog, so this is a somewhat dried up bog ( in normal years ) that are now so dry it can burn underground in the bog.

I think the English term are peat bog for such a place.

Today at noon my glove box temperature was 49.7 degrees, no fun sitting in the warm car ( both doors open ) to update the firmware of my SG9663DC

Too little too late. ( rain yellow/orange - lighting blue )
regn.jpg

I am hoping to get a couple of lighting shots in as it pass.

Well, unfortunately the good weather down here is about to end:

Screenshot_2018-07-28 IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, localidade.png

:cry:

Wauu :eek:

After a few 32 - 33 degree days our temperatures are going down to the normal under 25 degrees, might even get a little more rain next week too, but just passing showers like today, though severe rain was forecast that dident really happen here where i live, just regular rain for what look to be 4 - 5 hours, the lightning also fizzed out when the weather reached me so no photos.

Only now for some reason my phone have become even more strange even loosing connection to sim card once in a while and reinitialize my "external" memory card + screen are even weirder and top drop down menu on the android phone drop down and back up on its own then phone are in car dock.
Will try a factory reset a little later.

It's getting "better" by the day :cry::

Screenshot_2018-07-29 IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, localidade.png

Noticed August 7th is missing from the forecast? Usually when that happens it's because they are not sure how the weather is gonna pan out, which means there might be some changes until we reach the 1st day of the heat wave. Fingers crossed it's not gonna change for something even worst...

Not surprisingly the 3 record month in a row.

July in Denmark 2018 became the most sunny one ever.
On average the sun have been out every day of the month for 11 hours 14 minutes, the average norm for July are 6 hours 19 minutes daily

Needless to say due to all that sun July 2018 was also the driest and warmest months in the close to 100 years measurements have been made.

Last edited:
Tonight we might get the warmest night in 144 years the weather gurus say. ( 24 degrees ) not all over the country, but some places might get up there.

Well, the latest forecast has improved a little, even if going from 44 to 43ºC can't really be called an "improvement"

Screenshot_2018-07-30 IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, localidade.png

The portuguese firefighters and aircrafts that went to help fight the fires in Sweden will be back tomorrow. We need every means available, just in case. However, the weak wind will probably be a major factor in preventing large scale spreading in case there are fires during these days.

Last edited:
Well if a fire start it will often generate its own winds, amplifying the problem.

I know but according to the firefighters it will be much easier to contain and control than if it starts spreading faster than they can keep up with, and also the aeroplanes can attack the fire more efficiently than if the wind is constantly blowing the smoke in different directions. This was one of the biggest problems last year.

Looks like La Vuelta will be a hot one this year.

I don't know if La Vuelta is going to be hot or not, what I know is that our Tour is going to start right on the first day of the heat wave, in a hot region, and the first 4 stages are set to be held right where the temps will be around 45º-46ºC. I don't believe they're going to let the cyclists ride in those conditions.

They are starting way down south in Malaga going east and then working their way north/west towards you guys, then a little in the mountains up north.
7d79a

It cant be much colder in Spain than what you guys have, i assume weather down there come from the south when its warm at least, up here heat most often mean weather from the south or east or in between those.

But lets hope for the pedal pushers it change a little, still a few weeks before the race start.

Yeah, but the end of August the weather won't be like now and our Tour starts tomorrow, right when the heat wave arrives.

And according to the latest update, it's not getting any better:

Screenshot_2018-07-31 IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, localidade.png
Now the peak has shifted to Saturday. :(

Here are the results of the 1st day:

Screenshot_2018-08-02 IPMA - Surface Observation [Daily].png

The forecast has already changed this morning and now looks like this:

Screenshot_2018-08-02 IPMA - Previsão 10 dias, horária diária, localidade.png

:(

Last edited:
Vamos de la playa as they say next door.

Vamos de la playa as they say next door.
It doesn't do us much good when the playa has also temperatures between 35 and 40ºC.

At around 7PM I left Torres Novas to go to a nearby town. Here, the car was indicating 41,5ºC, when I arrived there it was indicating 45ºC! At 7PM! o_O

Back