Ar790 won't power up

rick0000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I wonder if you can help I have a ar790 with rear camera that won't power up I have hardwired the camera into a mk7 golf r and used a piggy back fuse connection on the switched live output of the cigar lighter and a flat crimp connection on the permanent live with fuse inline that's already fitted to the cable. The earth is connected to a bolt next to the fuse board that I have verified with my multimeter for those who don't know the mk7 golf has 3 pins allowing the fuse to be moved to make the cigar lighter either live with ignition off or on I hope that makes sense any help would be great thanks

With the power switch off, any LEDs lit on the camera?

Check power first at the plug end of the wiring harness. Is there voltage present?

Hi Tom thanks for the replys I have just tested at the plug end with 12v coming out and it seems that I didn't plug it in hard enough as it really needs to be pushed in until it clicks. Feel like a bit of a plum to be honest but at least it's working
Thanks for the help always good to have a second brain to tell you the things you should already know especially being a sparky by trade lol top man

Any time! Just be sure to review that thing for us. From what I can tell you're the first person on the planet with one.

I had the same problem with mine - it needs to be seated quite well to provide power. Seems to click nicely though so shouldn't come out while driving.

Back