Are 64gb micro sd cards safe to use now?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking of purchasing a Samsung Evo 64gb card. I know there were issues previously, but wanted to know if I'd be running into any issues if I were to purchase now.

With the latest Mobius firmware, can we use 64gb cards now?

mine works fine with the evo card 64gb V2.18 firmware. just don't forget to format it with fat32 first else it wont work properly.

mine works fine with the evo card 64gb V2.18 firmware. just don't forget to format it with fat32 first else it wont work properly.

Thanks! Unfortunately, they've sold out at the discounted price, but this is good to know. I'll snatch one up the moment it comes back down in price.

Minor bump.

I'm looking to use the same Samsung EVO 64GB MicroSD card in my mobius, currently on v0.59. Any idea if firmware v0.59 will support a 64GB microSD? If so, what steps do I need to take to ensure that it works without issues? If not, which firmware will work best?

Minor bump.

I'm looking to use the same Samsung EVO 64GB MicroSD card in my mobius, currently on v0.59. Any idea if firmware v0.59 will support a 64GB microSD? If so, what steps do I need to take to ensure that it works without issues? If not, which firmware will work best?
I haven't tested a Samsung EVO 64GB MicroSD card, but from all the 64GB cards I extensively tested the most compatible firmware versions are from v2.18 up to the latest version which is currently v2.25.
Remember to set the format parameter to FAT32 if you use loop recording.

I haven't tested a Samsung EVO 64GB MicroSD card, but from all the 64GB cards I extensively tested the most compatible firmware versions are from v2.18 up to the latest version which is currently v2.25.
Remember to set the format parameter to FAT32 if you use loop recording.

Isoprop,

Do you mean that if I format my 64GB card with ExFAT loop recording will not work?

I use ADATA 64GB card and formatted it with ExFAT. And I use loop recording. I didn't notice any problem with loop recording. I will double check when I get home.

Isoprop,

Do you mean that if I format my 64GB card with ExFAT loop recording will not work?

I use ADATA 64GB card and formatted it with ExFAT. And I use loop recording. I didn't notice any problem with loop recording. I will double check when I get home.
Problems only occur once the card is full and may appear to work for a few days. My tests were 24/7 made over a few weeks. You my be lucky though.
Typical problems are the camera will freeze or may appear to record but nothing will be saved. Use FAT32 to be on the safe side.

Much better go with fat32 as it also allows upgrades and looping.

Problems only occur once the card is full and may appear to work for a few days. My tests were 24/7 made over a few weeks. You my be lucky though.
Typical problems are the camera will freeze or may appear to record but nothing will be saved. Use FAT32 to be on the safe side.
that's the issue I had when I stupidly forgot to format my first 64gb card in FAT32

Back