Are any software updates coming for the JooVuu X and is this project dead?

tapalandan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if "Dan" and the team from JooVuu doing anything else on this project? There has been no update at all on their website for about a year and the official forums have been spammed by various users advising not to purchase the camera.

I bought the camera about 18 months ago and it hasn't really worked since I got it. Using the "latest" firmware from Dec 2016 bricked it so I had to downgrade. Not the easiest process either - to the layperson it would have been a trash job at that point. The PC and mobile software doesn't really work at all as far as I can tell - changing settings and such is tricky and frankly inadvisable. If you deviate from the default configs you're cruising for a crashing. The camera has worked for me and recorded some videos in the past, but other times it looks like its recorded and then there's just nothing on the memory card. No doubt the one time you actually need the footage it will have not been recording.

I've posted a condensed version of this on the official forum for anyone to check if there is an update there.

haven't seen anyone from JooVuu on here for some time, they did mention working on some update but have seen no further info

I'm not one of the spammers, but I am among the many unhappy buyers of the "X" cam. I wouldn't have any more expectations of it or of it's manufacturer. It's pretty obvious when long-known problems have been left totally unaddressed and their website is not being monitored that they really just don't care anymore :(

If you want a good high-performance cam in this form-factor look to the GitUp F1 which is receiving the attention and development it deserves which says it all about it's manufacturer (y)

Phil

He talked of working on a new product but haven't heard anything more about it since that initial mention, no real detail was offered so not sure where he's at with things

Last edited:
http://pathwayai.com/

It's certainly a booming area at the moment, just a shame the way the previous customers have been totally dropped and ignored.

http://pathwayai.com/

It's certainly a booming area at the moment, just a shame the way the previous customers have been totally dropped and ignored.

There's plenty of buzz around AI and vehicles right now, not sure how achievable things are in this space though

I don't know what it's like where you are but on the news over here it's usually Tesla, Uber, Volvo or Waymo who are making the most inroads with self driving aids and that website sounds like they're going for the insurance market.

There are a few apps over here which do similar, I get my insurance through a broker though and they don't have a fancy app, probably for the best the amount of people that pull out in front of me in the big old school Volvo :D

There has been some devices already used by insurance companies that are fitted to vehicles that are used to assess driver behaviour as a tool to help decide policy discounts, not too familiar with them but from what I understand it wasn't successful

I suspect if you want to be involved in the AI space it's not going to be easy to make your mark, there's some companies with pretty deep pockets playing in this space

Not much going on for sure.
To me APPs complicate things so i do my best to remove them instead of putting more of them on my phone.
Most often i feel that a given app are more about filling someones pocket than it is doing anything useful to me, so to me its voluntary tracking and metadata mining, and as long as i dont get a cut then i will keep my data, or at least try not to be shouting it from the roof tops.
Fortunately i am in a place where i can focus on personal contact with most people in my life, i also understand others might be in a whole other place and would not last 5 minutes without their phone.
I firmly dislike then i go to some site or use some service and the first thing i get are " download our APP"

Back