A bit off topic but still battery related.

Had some fun with a small LiPo battery. Just wanted to see how it comperes in a capacity test similar with the one did on the Git battery

Zippy Compact 500mAh 3S (11.1V) 25C brand new (5 cycles)
From fresh charged: 4.20V -> 3V / cell -> 305 mAh !!!
The test was done at a 0.5A discharge current which is light on this battery as it's rated for 25C constant high discharge (0.5Ax25 = 12.5A).

I'm getting the impression that factories that make this kind of cells "calculate" the capacity from fully charged to completely zero, which means to kill it or damage it severely, or start a fire... I will also try on a brand new HobbyKing Multistar 5200mAh 3S battery

I don't get too involved in battery related stuff as we don't use batteries but I think you will find that the ratings stated are total cell capacity which is always going to be a larger number than how much of that is usable capacity by the device, by design these batteries can't go down to zero and there is always a percentage of cell that needs to remain with some level of charge or the battery simply won't work again, does that mean that the battery does not contain the right amount of material as stated on the packaging, no it does not

To be quite honest this whole debate about how big @gitup batteries are seems to be a beat up started by a competitor (I'll leave you to work out who that would be) in an attempt to discredit them but to me it just seems like the competitor is clutching at straws in an attempt to try and make their own product look better, it's not working though, if they want their product to look better they should look at making better products and give up on the stupid marketing stunts

Last edited:
this is the charger that came with the quad kit i bought myself for christmas. it charges a 1500mah 3s in about a half hour (from ~3.7 to ~4.2v per cell based on the little tester/alarms i also got). no fancy display on the charger, only a red/green LED for each cell. and since i only have 3x 1500mah 3s batteries so far, it's fine. maybe by the summertime once i've gotten better at flying, or if i decide i want to be able to fly longer, i'll buy some more or larger batteries, and a better (or at least additional) charger. and hell, if it's only $15 at HK, i may buy it sooner.

you know, my wife isn't going to like you. :p

I'm also waiting for a 250 class quad to arrive, and yes my wife is loving me more and more with each "new amazing addition".

This whole debate comes down to what @Gibson99 said. Rated capacity and useable are 2 different things. And brand new batteries are always a bit low on their first couple of cycles. Load on the battery also greatly effects useable capacity as battery voltage is what's monitored. Once voltage hits a certain point, the battery is "dead" and needs recharge. The higher the load, the less capacity is used because of voltage sag under load.

I could go on and on, but jokiin could have it right. Or simply a few dont realize how little the capacity rating matters in this case. Its about recording time, nothing more. Amd current battery tech limits what that can be. Seems a few here have some rc background as do I (haven't played with rc in a few years though, gave it up for cycling) but I test li-ion cells and all that doing bike light product testing and reviews. Also the occasional flashlights. Around 10%-15% lower tested capacity vs rating is normal under "normal user load". As already shown, decrease current draw to really low and the capacity is there within acceptable error margin.

Now I have no sjcams to test or review so can't comment directly there. But batteries are batteries, they all fundamentally work the same.

Testing original Git2 battery and result is 104 minutes, when my SJ4000 give around 90 minutes.
Making this test at 1080p-30 on each cam

Testing original Git2 battery and result is 104 minutes, when my SJ4000 give around 90 minutes.
Making this test at 1080p-30 on each cam
That means a 13% difference, meaning that if let's say that the SJ battery has "900mAh" then 900mAh + 13%="1017mAh".
So we can conclude that the GitUp battery is bigger than 950 mAh !!! :p;)

Any 950 mAh battery can be 730mAh or 950 mAh, depending on the method used for test.
Is something like cards or HDD capacity storage.

The only thing you need to think is how much you can record and how durable is in time.
Until now I saw reports for about 2 hours for FullHD which is really impressive in my opinion because usually I expect 1 hour recording time for a small camera like this. SJCam cameras are a little bigger and recording duration is smaller.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi, I have ordered the Git2 from Gearbest 26 february. I wait to get it since I have read so much about it here on the forum.

But the order is still in "processing" state.

When I asked Gearbest what was the reason about the long processing state, I got the answer "The items 130521801 & 138519101 you ordered are embargo products of shipping,this leads to the delay of your order."

This items is the extra battery and a powerbank.
It seems like they have problem to ship them to Sweden, where I am.

So i decided to exchange the batteries and powerbank for some other items, a chest mount and some another stuff. So now I wait for answer from Gearbest if this is ok for them.

But anyway I need extra batteries and a powerbank and have decided to buy it from some supplier in Europe instead to avoid any embargo limits.

My problem is that my knowledge about batteries are very limited.
I hope someone here can help my out and point me to someplace to buy it in Europe so I come ut with a good buy of charger + battery.
I want good power to good price.

As I understand the SJCAM batteries are ok?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sjcam+charger

Is this ok?

1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B013QPPOYC
or this

2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B013QPPREO
Or something else, another place?

Also if someone have some idea about a good powerbank.

Thankyou beforehand, I appreciate all people with so much knowledge on the forum.

Leif.

Hi, I have ordered the Git2 from Gearbest 26 february. I wait to get it since I have read so much about it here on the forum.

But the order is still in "processing" state.

When I asked Gearbest what was the reason about the long processing state, I got the answer "The items 130521801 & 138519101 you ordered are embargo products of shipping,this leads to the delay of your order."

This items is the extra battery and a powerbank.
It seems like they have problem to ship them to Sweden, where I am.

So i decided to exchange the batteries and powerbank for some other items, a chest mount and some another stuff. So now I wait for answer from Gearbest if this is ok for them.

But anyway I need extra batteries and a powerbank and have decided to buy it from some supplier in Europe instead to avoid any embargo limits.

My problem is that my knowledge about batteries are very limited.
I hope someone here can help my out and point me to someplace to buy it in Europe so I come ut with a good buy of charger + battery.
I want good power to good price.

As I understand the SJCAM batteries are ok?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sjcam+charger

Is this ok?

1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B013QPPOYC
or this

2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B013QPPREO
Or something else, another place?

Also if someone have some idea about a good powerbank.

Thankyou beforehand, I appreciate all people with so much knowledge on the forum.

Leif.
Yes, those will work, don't expect them to last longer than the original even though they claim to be higher capacity, but they will work OK.

Powerbank - I got one of these recently: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00XTXY0JW

The SJCam batteries will work in a GitUp camera. Are just about 2 mm smaller than Git2 original batteries and the most important thing is the contacts to stay in touch. Fortunately the SJCam batteries are smaller on the side so this will not affect the contacts. GitUp batteries are better than SJCam batteries but I hope with XCSource to obtain at least the GitUp power duration.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thankyou for answer, i understand more now, and it should work with those i bougth from amazon today.

Now i'm only hoping Gearbest will send the camera soon, i'm waiting to try it.
When I ordered it in the end of february it was in stock, but when I look on the webpage now it says "out of stock"...

xtacam is coming from Hong Kong (I think from China in reality)...
On another forum @xtacam posted instead of sjcam_official cofusing the real account with the clone:
xtacam_sjcam_clone.jpg

Same post was posted also on DCT but under official @sjcam_official account.
xtacam_sjcam_clone_DCT.jpg

I have no problems with clones, but not to make a clone just for trolling purposes.

enjoy,
Mtz

@Mtz

At the moment I’m using 2x SJ4000 wifi cameras and wanted to add a Getup git2 due to hearing that the Getup git2 produces better results. for the SJ4000 I have four batteries and this charger:

if I do get the Getup git2, do you know if I can charge the Getup battery in the same charger I use for the SJ4000? if yes, also any idea how good a fit the SJ4000 batteries will be if fitted in to the Getup? I won’t need the Getup battery to power the SJ4000 as I have 4x batteries for them. but if I went for the Getup I didn’t want to double up on extra batteries and a charger for it

for 99% of the time I’ll be using them 60 / 90 minutes of battery power is more than good enough and have a few USB power sticks that can power the camera if I need longer as in time lapse photography

You can use anything related to SJCAM being either batteries or charger with the GitUp camera and GitUp batteries. You can not use GitUp batteries in the SJ cameras.

@Mtz
do you know if I can charge the Getup battery in the same charger I use for the SJ4000? if yes, also any idea how good a fit the SJ4000 batteries will be if fitted in to the Getup?
That is the same charger I use and it charges both SJ and Gitup batteries, no problems.

In cold weather I recommend Gitup batteries but both fit in the Git2

Thank you TechTronic9000 and Nigel, thats good to hear, Gitup git2 to will be on order at the end of the month then :)

Thank you TechTronic9000 and Nigel, thats good to hear, Gitup git2 to will be on order at the end of the month then :)
As you already have some action cameras and know something about photography, it might be worth considering the narrow FOV, zero fisheye version of the Git2...

@gitup wrote somewhere that they are improving the quality of batteries so we can expect even better product in next batch, maybe.

enjoy,
Mtz

thank you for that information Nigel, its something to think about, I plan on taking 3 action cameras with me on holiday this coming summer, as well as other uses, plan on using them on my car as I go over the Alps, at other times for 99% of the time one action camera will be more than enough

Last summer, as I was going over the Alps, my Mini 0806 wasn’t recording (I didn’t know this as I was going over at the time) , one of the SJ4000 I had stuck to the side window didn’t record anything as I was climing the Alps, I must not have pressed the record button down enough and the second SJ400 I stuck on the inside back window facing forward fell off half way up the Alps,

This summer I’ll plan it better (I hope :) )

What my initial plan was, to get the standard wide angle Gitup 2 and if needed, do the cropping in iMovie to bring it back to (human) FoV, around 40- 45mm focal length lens on a 35mm. thats if the results the Getup can capture are good enough to be able to crop and enlarge out the fish eye effect and back up to 16:9 1080HD without too much loss of quality, at most (for some time to come) my only plan is youtube

Back