Are hardware issues fixed in latest (2018) A119s models?

hurobby

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hello,
I am planning to buy A119s and watched a couple of videos. One mentioned two things with older models:
1.) Speaker wires are too close to the processor so intensive heat may damage the wires
2.) Cooling dents under the lens module are covered with a black tape
Seems like there is an easy fix for these issues but I would not like to start to disassemble the new camera. I am planning to use the camera in a country where summers are long and hot. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I don't think anyone has had their A119 or A119S's speaker wire melt due to heat coming off the processor.

Lots of other holes/vents are also covered with black tape from the inside. If one applies the EVA foam pad, a few more get covered. Doesn't matter, the remaining open ones are more than enough.

The A119S in my car has already seen one horrible summer...

Hello,
I am planning to buy A119s and watched a couple of videos. One mentioned two things with older models:
1.) Speaker wires are too close to the processor so intensive heat may damage the wires
2.) Cooling dents under the lens module are covered with a black tape
Seems like there is an easy fix for these issues but I would not like to start to disassemble the new camera. I am planning to use the camera in a country where summers are long and hot. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

You must be watched BChobbyist video. The product is fine. No worry! Those are extra precaution and not necessary.

Thank you guys for the quick response. Appreciated.

I’ve had my A119S for 6 months and it’s been used everyday in temps varied from -24C to 28C, no negative issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J A119S 17
Gregorich A119S 37
P A119S 1
O A119S 23
C A119S 22
Back