Are there any 2 channel dash cam with both lenses remote

Someone used a non-EU compatible card or power supply for the link- a known issue for the "Brexit" brand :whistle:

Phil
The biggest issue with the EU internet is that for the last few months, on every new website we visit, we have to fill in forms and tick boxes and press accept buttons about cookies before we can actually read anything, a big waste of time since everyone just concentrates on pressing enough things that the accept button becomes enabled, if they can find the accept button, and nobody actually reads what is being said! Also uses up lots of data allowance and download speed as well as our time. The internet used to be so much simpler. Stupid EU rules :mad: Next is going to be the "meme ban" - no more graphics on google web searches etc. Hope we leave before that one gets approved!

dual remote version is coming but might be early next year (Jan, Feb), took a bit longer than we wanted to sort things out
Are there any plans for a weatherproof camera option, like the SGZC12RC had?

Doing Beta testing on the K2S and it looks like it will be a good option on it's public release at this early point in the game. Lots of cabling to deal with but you only do that once and I imagine that all dual-remote cams will be like that ;)

Phil

Yeah i dident really think much about this in relation to dual remote cameras, so i was a bit overwhelmed by the install, on the other hand the install was not that bad, after all it is just one more wire.
Maybe it is the K1S small main unit, when the left side are all occupied with wires that seem quite massive.
I am sort of hoping others will not make the main unit this small, i can see it from MEG point of view if you want to be able to do MC and dual action camera too, but for a dedicated car dashcam this small should not be necessary.
I do like the use of USB C connectors, though my own cable i used for a few days was pretty loose in the unit ( fit my phone just fine )
I am really stoked over the small size of the camera units, i was assuming we would see the same size as rear cameras on SG and Viofo products, so that was a nice sunrise.
I am hoping others will be on that smaller path too, it will make use as side cameras even more easy for the user wanting to go down that route, and of course front and rear will just be even more stealthy.

I'm ok with the main unit size for general dashcam use- it will be usable to younger eyes for settings, monitoring operation, and such unlike my N2 Pro which is just to small but as big as the cam will allow. The tiny remote cams are just awesome :cool: I can't think of anyone having mounting issues with these such as happens with many other cams. They can go just about anywhere like beside or under sensors at the mirror and remain discreet. There is no lateral adjustment, but rarely is that a major issue. And later will come waterproof, IR, and other cams which will be plug-and-play. Gotta love that! I do wish the power connector wasn't USB-C, but otherwise I'm liking them too.

Phil

I need my reading glassed for just about any dashcam to do the menus,,,,, a reason why i am really looking forward to cameras that will remember your settings in a firmware upgrade.
If i don't get that i can also make do, after all it is not that often you need to do the settings, not even as a tester gifted with a lot of cameras.
IMO a duble action camera, like this are slated to be too, and the Gitup camera, well i cant see that being optimal before you can have EIS on both cameras.

Staff don't come back to work until Feb 14th
Well, it's been about a month since the 14th, just curious if you have any update available? Since my Qvia dashcam died and I have gotten zero response from their support, I really want a high quality 2ch replacement device - and both lenses remote would be the cherry on top.

You and me both.
To kill time i will be moving my K2S system to the side windows, just have to source some tape for that, and fabricate some wedges as i want the cameras to aim as much forward as they can on my little fixed side glass without having any of the frame in the footage.
I might have to NIX that wedge idea though as the glass are small and camera fairly wide angle, so it cant be many degrees i can tilt the camera forward.

You and me both.
To kill time i will be moving my K2S system to the side windows, just have to source some tape for that, and fabricate some wedges as i want the cameras to aim as much forward as they can on my little fixed side glass without having any of the frame in the footage.
I might have to NIX that wedge idea though as the glass are small and camera fairly wide angle, so it cant be many degrees i can tilt the camera forward.

Hi, can you share pictures of your K2S system? Am interested to get it to act as my side mirror cams, to capture cars coming from the sides . Thanks!

Hi, can you share pictures of your K2S system? Am interested to get it to act as my side mirror cams, to capture cars coming from the sides . Thanks!

Thanks very much for the link!

I was looking around and found something from Axis that is basically my dream setup as far as this sort of remote lens system goes: https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-f-series
I have no idea how many megabuck$ they want for their system, but I am still holding out hope for a good system that won't break the bank.

That's a commercial system. Expensive as all heck, and most of these have low resolution cams, or just one decent cam with the rest low-res :( There's been some discussion of it and some others like it here on DCT in the past. None of these are optimum for dashcam use with some aspects and systems being totally unsuitable.

We're beginning to see 3 channel dashcams from our usual sources emerge, and while I'm sure they have some shortcomings they will still probably be a better choice for most of us ;) I don't think 4-channel dashcam systems will be too long in coming. If you do try this system (or something like it) please share your experiences with us as many of us are quite interested in multi-channel dashcams :)

Phil

I do think we will see consumer 4 channel systems within a year or two, thinkware have already pulled the trigger on a system, but is have side cameras aimed down the side and out back, and i personally prefer them to film out to the side, though as i prefer them you will probably not get a direct recording of a person sideswiping you from behind, but i think if you have a rear camera that will be enough footage to document that event though not directly on "tape"
Also i am apprehensive about systems with outside side cameras, first of all as they might entail drilling holes in the side of your car to install them ( though thinkware seem to have a solution for that with their 4 channel system )
And #2 the cameras are outside and not covered by a wiper, so i assume dirt will get onto the lenses of those, and the lens or lens cover might get scratched by car wash.
What ever way on install of side cameras i do think it will scare some of a DIY install, so the system will be more expensive if you need a professional shop to do that for you.

That Axis system ready to go with 4 cameras, it will probably come in around 2000 USD, and then you still have to fabricate some form of mounts for the cameras.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00NV67CKQ +400 for the main unit and well over 200 for each camera.

I think car manufacturers, apart from Tesla are missing a trick here. Imagine being able to spec a car with 360 parking cameras which then also function as dash cams.

I think car manufacturers, apart from Tesla are missing a trick here. Imagine being able to spec a car with 360 parking cameras which then also function as dash cams.

Some cars are offered with dashcams as dealer-installed options now, and of course Tesla uses it's self driving cams for recording now as well. So it's probably not going to be missed tricks for much longer as more and more cars have LDW and ADAS cams installed from the factory which can be similarly used.
I-D is tomorrow calling, are you brave enough to answer?

Phil

Back