Are there any known issue about 3-Wire Hardwiring Kit ?

TheGhost31

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

I decided to connect the dashcam with the hardwire kit today !

And everything works well during the tests. OK great !
I decided to hide some cables and do some "cable management" to avoid a mistake or bad electic contact.
I closed all protections about my car ect. ready to go on the road and...... surprise the dashcam doesn't not working anymore >< !!!!
I opened again my car protections to investigate and I noticed a really bad electic contact somewhere but I could not find it ... I touched with my fingers cables and "magic happens", it works again, I wanted to move them again from 2 cms (yellow and red cables) and I got some shutdowns and restarts of the dashcam ...
I tried again to touch them and nothing badhappens (so everything works), then I tried again and the dashcam shutdown happens. I needed to shake everything and the dashcam works again !

So two questions, is it only me ?
I will try to have the cables sticked / blocked somewhere ! Event with the road and bumps ect, that will not be easy ...
Or that could explains some behaviors with users using this Kit ?!
( Some users, said something like "my dashcam reboots or doesn't switch between state as expected one time by week, sometimes more sometimes less") ?

I tried to let some space between yellow and red cables because (it's a supposition) but when these cables are too close / together, a lot of reboots or shutdowns of the camera happens :(

Now that's seems to be more stable (by magic).
I will let you know with the time

Regards

Last edited:
Bad connection somewhere. Make sure you have a good ground.

I will check again (I already did it) but it's blocked between metal and a bolt
So I don't think it's problem of ground, otherwise it's will never work ;)
It's look like mlore as a cable broken inside ?Or even on the separation of the 3 cables (black / red / yellow) with the little part black in plastic
If it's happens again, I will need to investigate but I prefered to ask before, if it was a known issue ;)

Is it happens when you touch car fuse side add-a-circuits plugs or the hardwiring side "bullet-type" plugs?

Check the crimp on the ground connection. I've had one break under the black shrink tubing at the crimp connector.

Is it happens when you touch car fuse side add-a-circuits plugs or the hardwiring side "bullet-type" plugs?

Not sure to undertsand this part "or the hardwiring side "bullet-type" plugs?" sorry my english is limited ...
but for sure, it's not the following case "touch car fuse side add-a-circuits plugs", I already tried it and nothing change (so it's OK).
I tried the main black (not ground) cable (before the black plastic with 3 cables (yellow, red , black) and nothing so it's OK.
But from the black plastic part and the (yellow / red cable) something happens ;)

Check the crimp on the ground connection. I've had one break under the black shrink tubing at the crimp connector.
Mhh again not sure to understand the word 'crimp', is it something like 'to connect electric wires between them via a metallic piece of joint?'
In this case, I didn't do it because Viofo sold it with already a metal piece (semicircle) at the end of the ground cable and I just tightened really hard on the bolt to be sure it's linked :)

When you said "I've had one break under the black shrink tubing at the crimp connector."
Maybe a picture with an arrow to show me the location of the problem could help me :)

Last edited:
Yeah, the photo with the pointing arrow will help to understand.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I can't open them :(. I got the following message.
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

Edit:
Now it's loading by magic too! :)
So forgot my message

Thanks for the photo, today I checked again the fusibles and cables (yellow / red). I taped the wires to avoid movements from them with bumps and holes in the road ect
I unscrewed and re-screwed and cleaned the bolt to have a good ground in the aim to be sure it's correctly connected.

Now (for the moment), everything works well, if something wrong again, I will check in first the black piece where you put an arrow to mentioned it :)

Last edited:
Back