Are there any polarising options for the 380 or any new cams coming out soon?

Tippex on the bottom rather than the top would be a lot easier to see
Why do not both top and bottom? Wide on top, narrow on bottom (or reversed) to differentiate which is which.

I did the white dot ploy on my 412 and a single tiny white dot on the outer ring at the top was sufficient. Even though there is some resistance I did find carrying the unit about, mounting dismounting, I did sometimes unknowingly cause it to rotate slightly.

The 380 attaches with the protruding lip at the bottom so what is the top is the easiest to see and get at when unmounted.

I need to get out again later with Tablet WiFi connected as I re-did the VHB pad, the one in the picture is my updated one, as my first attempt at cutting a circular one was pathetic and wasn't a Proper Job.

Last edited:
Kremmen have you still got the photos of your made up filter please as I would like to make one myself many thanks

Somewhere, I'll need to dig around.

It wasn't very successful and looked ugly.

Remind me again tomorrow

Ok thanks it’ll give me some inspiration

Hi. Well my Dashcam experience so far hasn't been great.
I purchased a Nextbase 612 - 4k camera and had issues with the camera picture / wobble... plus issues with Nextbase software not working correctly with the 4k file (this has been confirmed by Nextbase and it's something they are trying to figure out).

I decided to try two 380 cameras. I love the mounting of these cameras but the reflection from my screen is just so so bad. It's just not usable when there is any sun.

So, my questions..
1. Are there any options for polarising this camera? either from Nextbase or any other method..
2. If no, then are there any other nextbase units using this mounting options that do have polarisation in the pipe line?
3. If no to number 2. Then for a budget of up to 450 pounds. Whats the best 2 channel camera option out there that gives clear (Don't need 4k, 1080 at 60fps is more than enough), polarised lens?

Thanks in advance.
eBay have a possible combination, a 13mm to 37mm adaptor ring plus a 37mm polarising filter, may need a bit of BluTack or superglue to fit, but may work, total cost about £15. Hope you get sorted.F9025F21-7219-49AE-A1EE-433E80197A3C.pngA6EA3B17-321E-4B3E-8048-092D00AB14DC.png

Cheers GCM I take it you are not using the 380 anymore

The problem I had is that the lens is very wide angle and sits back behind the glass. To have a ring that has enough plastic to stick, it restricts the view so your rectangle footage is now a smaller circle.

I think I have some before and after shots but not the measurements of the plastic washer I used.

The other problem is that the lens surround isn't flat so you're sticking to a ridge that is about 1mm

When I get to the PC tomorrow I'll see what I've got saved.

This was my final solution, not very elegant:

DJpK6oB.jpg

This is an example without the above bodge:

YgfN9kt.jpg

With bodge:

VvE9Lmx.jpg

My latest solution:

JxNj3yb.jpg

Hi Kremmen that’s great to see. The Viofo is definitely the winner out of the two,a much better picture, is there a filter on the Viofo?.
To me paying £250 ish for a substandard cam and install is ridiculous,I know it would come with the battery and fitting kit BUT a underwhelming picture. I think I’ll pay £150 for the Viofo and just plug it in the auxiliary socket or wait for the pro to come out. Many thanks for these pictures it’s a great help

Rather than clog up the Nextbase area with another make, ask again in the right section :)

Advance ....... the answer is yes

Any updates on the availability of a suitable polarising filter for 380GW?

The 380 is not built to accept a CPL. Plus it's an old model now so unlikely to receive any attention.

I replaced my 380 because 1080 @ 30fps is 'old hat' now and far better resolutions are available.

My Viofo is 2560x1440P @ 60fps and has a CPL. Plus it's a solid mount similar to the 380 design.

Hi there,

Just to come back to the question about a factory made solution for a polarising filter for the 380 series cameras there is unfortunately no further news on this, if this does change however it will be updated into the chat.

Regards,
Dan - Nextbase Tech Support

Back