Are there any unreleased dual cams I should wait for?

semantics

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's very few options on the market for what I'm interested in, but the Lukas 9370 comes closest. But the screen is too big, I'd prefer it was black instead of silver, and I have some time to wait. Since you guys are closer to the market than I am, are there any upcoming releases that promise to be better?

My requirements:

-1080p front (and back?)
-discreet
-films while the car is parked
-mobile/wifi

There's very few options on the market for what I'm interested in, but the Lukas 9370 comes closest. But the screen is too big, I'd prefer it was black instead of silver, and I have some time to wait. Since you guys are closer to the market than I am, are there any upcoming releases that promise to be better?

My requirements:

-1080p front (and back?)
-discreet
-mobile/wifi

How much time you have for waiting ?

My requirements:

-1080p front (and back?)
-discreet
-mobile/wifi
I suspect this is an ever evolving product. Whatever and whenever you purchase... it, will be replaced with a better model the week after. :(

Streett Guardian is two excellent models in development. Read through the following two posts for a hint
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-comparison-chart-edited-february-2016.16113/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg-dual-camera-set-up.17323/

It's not even 1080P per camera, very strange that they released something at half the normal resolution. (not what the people want at all)

My requirements:

-1080p front (and back?)
-discreet
-mobile/wifi

VicoVation has a new model Dual cam coming in the first half of this year. Front and and rear cams will be at least 1080P. Front cam may be higher resolution. Will have parking mode. Size, shape, colour, unknown. Wi Fi unlikely but unknown. No other info is available as yet.

not sure it will be out first half from the info I've seen, for the most part I understand they are keeping with current design tooling on the new models

Really appreciate this community. Thank you!

I will wait for the StreetGuardian or VicoVation products and reassess my options. Hope I don't get hit before that haha

You can allways go with a cheap mobius to tie you over untill then, its a good little camera and a whole lot better than nothing.
And then when you finally upgrade to the big kit, you can enjoy the gift of giving and pass on the mobius to a friend or family member.

You can allways go with a cheap mobius to tie you over untill then, its a good little camera and a whole lot better than nothing.
And then when you finally upgrade to the big kit, you can enjoy the gift of giving and pass on the mobius to a friend or family member.
Agree :)

Another benefit will be that you will have a better idea of what you need. Once entered into anything you soon realize the deficiencies..

... Once entered into anything you soon realize the deficiencies..

You could get a cheap g1w just to have SOMETHING till then...
This is what I did when I first decided on getting a dash cam. I knew I wanted something but was a bit overwhelmed by the options and how they would work for me. I ended up getting a G1W-H (from a reliable vendor and source in case I had issues, not the cheapest I could find). This gave me the 'hands on' experience necessary to solidify in my mind what I wanted based on my priorities.

<----- You can see from my profile the final decision is still a 'work in progress'. :D

For those of us with more than like 20 posts, we will never be "done". Check my signature... :p
Yeah, unfortunately the 'perfect solution' is pretty elusive - and always changing. ;)

Back