Are these many anomolies normal?

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
I finally was able to get out and do a good test run of the SGZC12SG today. I opened the footage in RV and noticed two things that concerned me. One, is it normal to have so many GPS anomalies and why cant I speed the footage up with this cam like I can with my other cam, the 9665? The video gaps are simply when the camera was off, so I understand why theyre present. Also, does the G-sensitivity setting affect the G-force results shown in the video?

Attachments

• dashcam1.jpg
    dashcam1.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 34
The speed spikes at file change is a Registrator Viewer thing in the way it handles the data

Yeh, I did notice that. That's what made me wonder even more. Is there a way to seamlessly merge all the files into one video file that would eliminate those spikes? This may be a dumb question, but does the metadata stay intact if I merge the files in Adobe Premeire and then imnport into RV?

you can create a single file and export with RV, not sure if it will still show the spikes but easy enough to test

That's a periodically almighty fast Mack truck, but i bet this Scania can keep up with it ( maybe not haul so much doing that )
435234-highres-bild-1-5730078619509182475.jpg

http://newsroom.scania.com/en-group/2014/06/27/chimera-roars-towards-the-future/

How do I run Dashcamviwer? Ive downloaded the zipped files and I cannot seem to get any file to extract or to execute.

If you can't extract the zip usually means you need to re-download it. Try again. Try another web browser maybe as well.

Provide a standard .exe file for download as well.

Back