Artifacts on video files, date changes to 2022

Plados

Reaction score
Country
Uzbekistan
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V3(front)+Viofo A119V3(rear)
B1W acquired 6 months ago. Not so long ago, B1W stopped working, the green LED was very dimly lit. Disconnecting from the power did not help. The firmware was a parking mode with a low bit rate, WI-FI on. I decided to reflash, but I could not flash via SD card.
Then I decided to flash through the PC, at first I couldn’t get the firmware, the firmware didn’t reach the end, after about 4-5 attempts I managed to flash the firmware 04.190401.V0 wi-fi off, B1W connected via harwire kit, artifacts began to appear on the records, after about 30 minutes of operation of B1W and the date is set for 08/15/2022 and very often the LED is constantly on.
What could be the reason?
Video
файлы.PNGэвент.PNG

The firmware was a parking mode with a low bit rate, WI-FI on. I decided to reflash, but I could not flash via SD card.
It was a faulty RTC battery if it happens every day; Please load the default 20180528s firmware to see if it works!

It was a faulty RTC battery if it happens every day; Please load the default 20180528s firmware to see if it works!
well, if the date failure is related to the battery, then what about artifacts in the video? did you watch the video? I will install the standard firmware and observe.

well, if the date failure is related to the battery, then what about artifacts in the video? did you watch the video?
they probably didn't see your link, I never saw it either

check your memory card and update the firmware but if you still see the same result then you have a hardware problem, talk to the seller about warranty

I flashed the standard firmware 20180528s, turned on B1W at 9:34, at about 10:24 there were astefacts on the video, astefacts can also be seen online through the application.
I am attaching a link to the video.
The SD Card installed another one to eliminate the suspicion of an SD Card.

Video astefacts

did you watch the video?
Sorry, not saw your video link yet!
It was a hardware problem! Tell me your order number for the warranty!

Looks to me that every time an I frame comes in it messes up the video. I think your SD card is bad or your power supply is not close to 5 volts. I frame has more data in it and the artifacts I see is either because of maxing out burst writing bandwidth or data corruption that can happen with a bad card or voltage drop. Could be a bad unit too. Use another SD card with a USB cell phone charger and see if it fixes your issue.

Looks to me that every time an I frame comes in it messes up the video. I think your SD card is bad or your power supply is not close to 5 volts. I frame has more data in it and the artifacts I see is either because of maxing out burst writing bandwidth or data corruption that can happen with a bad card or voltage drop. Could be a bad unit too. Use another SD card with a USB cell phone charger and see if it fixes your issue.
I used 3 different maps wounded by volume, artifacts appear on all maps. I also connected another power source, this does not solve the problem. Artifacts do not appear immediately, sometimes after 30 minutes of B1W operation, sometimes after 60 minutes, while B1W becomes very hot, then artifacts appear. I have 3 hardwire kit available, from different manufacturers, 2 of them I have already connected, the result is the same. I can connect through the third hardwire, but I think it's not about them, because other DVRs work normally from these hardwire.

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_124228.jpg
    IMG_20200617_124228.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
That Samsung U3 card should be fine as it has a fast write speed.

I used 3 different maps wounded by volume, artifacts appear on all maps. I also connected another power source, this does not solve the problem. Artifacts do not appear immediately, sometimes after 30 minutes of B1W operation, sometimes after 60 minutes, while B1W becomes very hot, then artifacts appear. I have 3 hardwire kit available, from different manufacturers, 2 of them I have already connected, the result is the same. I can connect through the third hardwire, but I think it's not about them, because other DVRs work normally from these hardwire.
Do you see the same artifacts in live view?

I've had all those exact same cards, my car has 4 cameras, Evo goes bad after a few months and doesn't matter which camera, kingstone 4GB lasted a year but larger ones start to develop "SD card Slow" error after a couple of months.

It should be a hardware problem with the DSP! Send it back for further inspection, please!

It should be a hardware problem with the DSP! Send it back for further inspection, please!
Should I send B1W, back to the seller? And is it possible that they would send me a motherboard from B1W and replace it myself?

Should I send B1W, back to the seller? And is it possible that they would send me a motherboard from B1W and replace it myself?
Contact the seller agent for details! And I think it should be better to ask the seller to send you a replacement camera!

I wrote to the seller to provide a warranty, I'm waiting for an answer.
When I made a purchase and asked him questions, he did not answer them, he just looked through that.

You can send it back to me directly for a replacement camera

Back