Audi Q5

Cardigan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ITV-80 upc.
Has anyone hard wired an Audi Q5 (right hand drive)? Which fuse did you tie into?
The pics of the fuses in the manual are totally different than then fuses on the car!

Attachments

• fuse_002.jpg
    fuse_002.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 266
I have an Audi A8, and I wired my two cameras on a 5 or 10 amp fuse. I just picked a random one tbh. Both cameras drain less than 0,4A when working.

Do you not have a multimeter to double check what fuse to use?

jamesbcd said:
Do you not have a multimeter to double check what fuse to use?

No I don't have one but I would buy one if I could work out why some cost £4 and some cost £60

A cheap one will do the job, you'll only be needing to check if there is any power so either a cheap multimeter or one of those circuit tester screwdriver type things (not sure what the name is).

Maybe the Audi website has a handbook PDF that matches the car? Worth a look ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jamesbcd said:
A cheap one will do the job, you'll only be needing to check if there is any power so either a cheap multimeter or one of those circuit tester screwdriver type things (not sure what the name is).

I could do that but I'd really prefer to tie into a power supply which is servicing something innocuous rather than the life support system and to do that I need to know which fuse supplies which item.

Dont you have a schematic over the fuses on the coverbox? Then on the Q5 you have to fusebox on each side of the dashboard. And on every fusebox cover you have a schematic over what all the fuses does, and even a pin to take them out is on the cover too.

Sweguy said:
Dont you have a schematic over the fuses on the coverbox?

No, there's nothing inside the cover other than some pincers for taking out the fuses.

There are in fact 3 fuse locations, one either side of the dashboard and one in the boot. I have made a note of the actual layout on the right hand side e.g. 5amp, empty, empty, 30amp, empty, 30amp, 20amp, 35amp, empty, empty, 10amp, empty for each bank aof fuses and the actual layout doesn't match up with any of the layouts described in the manual for any location in the car! I've called Audi and I am waiting for their answers.

Back