audi rs3 2018 sportback dab issues

P88

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently installed blacvkue dr900s 2ch dashcam and have noticed it has affected the DAB radio quite a lot. Have frequent dropouts and interferences.

This seems a known problem within the dashcam world, but i have been advised by blackvue if i route the cabling away from the DAB wiring/loom/antenna it will reduce the effect it has.
Problem i have is that i don't know where the wiring is.
Can anyone help?

thank you

I installed it myself... o_O

ok, I get what you meant now, you don't know where the antenna cabling is, thought that you were referring to the camera cabling

easiest way to troubleshoot is to pull the wiring back out and run it from front to back without tucking it all away, if you still have issues then it's likely the rear camera itself being too close to the antenna that is affecting the radio and not the cabling

ok, I get what you meant now, you don't know where the antenna cabling is, thought that you were referring to the camera cabling

easiest way to troubleshoot is to pull the wiring back out and run it from front to back without tucking it all away, if you still have issues then it's likely the rear camera itself being too close to the antenna that is affecting the radio and not the cabling
That's what I did. I have a spare dash cam mounted at back and have the cable running over the seats down the middle of car to power socket inbetween front seats.... And i still get drop outs when using DAB radio.
So in my case it's the dash cam at fault.
But I'm not too fussed as I don't listen to radio much....

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

That's what I did. I have a spare dash cam mounted at back and have the cable running over the seats down the middle of car to power socket inbetween front seats.... And i still get drop outs when using DAB radio.

Ferrite scores on power cables helps a bit with EMI/RFI.

Also, foil EMI shielding tape works as well...but it can get pricy (3M branded).

Probably Check on your car’s forums, or possibly owners manual. I was getting terrible key fob range on my car, so I had to figure out where the receivers were. Using the 2 items I mentioned above, I was able to improve the range. Of course, not the original range without my dashcams on, but it’s a compromise I can live with.

Ferrite scores on power cables helps a bit with EMI/RFI.

Also, foil EMI shielding tape works as well...but it can get pricy (3M branded).

Probably Check on your car’s forums, or possibly owners manual. I was getting terrible key fob range on my car, so I had to figure out where the receivers were. Using the 2 items I mentioned above, I was able to improve the range. Of course, not the original range without my dashcams on, but it’s a compromise I can live with.

Lol, thanks for the info, but I really am not too bothered with the radio these days.... Too may repeats..

I may try the ferrite thingys though as I have a few knocking around. As for key fob range, I don't have any issues there...

Reactions: RLS
Lol, thanks for the info, but I really am not too bothered with the radio these days.... Too may repeats..

I may try the ferrite thingys though as I have a few knocking around. As for key fob range, I don't have any issues there...

No prob buddy. Hope you are enjoying the little rocket! Those stock pops and cracks sound amazing. A friend of mine has one FBO... wish I had footage of the friendly race!

I had key fob issues on my GTR. Somehow found Tesla owners had this issue, and tried some of their solutions.

No prob buddy. Hope you are enjoying the little rocket! Those stock pops and cracks sound amazing. A friend of mine has one FBO... wish I had footage of the friendly race!

I had key fob issues on my GTR. Somehow found Tesla owners had this issue, and tried some of their solutions.
Sorry to say I don't actually have one. I just popped in here and said my piece because of the dab radio issue...

Reactions: RLS
Back