Audio cuts in and out

filthyPierre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2
Hi there,

Today I needed to view some footage from my SC9665GC V2, and upon watching the video, the audio was cutting in and out. Like on and off, on and off; full and then nothing. About half a second of each.

So first thing I did was check for new firmware, and since it had been a while, there was an update, 20181127, which I applied. Reset all my setttings. No luck, audio is the same, cuts in and out about half second cycle time.

Not sure how long it's been like that. Last time I checked footage was probably a couple of months ago, and it definitely wasn't like that then.

Any ideas, or is it fubar/time for a new one? Video is still fine.

Cheers,

Pete

if you've updated firmware and it's still doing it then it might be a hardware issue, you'd need to send it to us for anything further

Well, this is embarrassing. I pretty much only use VLC for viewing videos, wherever they're from. It would seem a recent update has given it this annoying feature. I tried viewing the vids from the dashcam in different viewers (5k and Windows Video), and bugger me, audio is fine. I went back and looked at some older vids from the cam with VLC and guess what, same problem. So the issue is with VLC, not the camera. Thank @#@%$#$ for that :)

Cheers

Yeah I'm having same issue with VLC update watching Older SG footage, Only seems to effect GC footage, Plays my DC footage fine....

Thanks, same here, going back to 3.0.7 has resolved the problem.

Cheers

Back