Audio Problem

Hi long time member but rarely post on the forums, however @knwatkins many thanks for your post, about the microphone issue, I followed your guide, however I replaced your soldering iron with a very small flat blade screwdriver which did the trick. :) I was being very lazy and impatient.

I have moved away from the Blackvue 900S as I wanted to go ultra small stealth setup, got the system all up and running including parking mode, I may invest in the Street guardian remote camera setup, however not sure if I want to take out all the cables and replace them, plus to many negatives for me compared to the K2S, I'm still thinking about it.

Once again many thanks for the guide, the microphone noise would have bugged the hell out of me.

Cheers

Glyn

Just an update, with my other K2S, i decided to not remove the Microphone but remove the ground wire for the speaker which is located in the GPS unit. as per @Yudia guide
This also removes the background noise, in fact its the better option to do, this allows the microphone to work and pick up your voice etc plus the speaker in the main unit also still works.

So if anyone has the annoying background noise caused by the GPS unit, remove the black ground wire from the speaker.

Updated to include Clips

Clip with Ground Speaker Connected with Audio interference

Clip with Ground Speaker Disconnected no Audio Interference

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yudia K2S 2
Yudia K2S 49
Back