Audio Problems - Loud, high pitched ring

LukeE1

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Mini 0805 has done great except for its audio. There is an occasional loud, high-pitched ringing noise in my recordings. It actually drowns out some of the intended audio and is very painful to hear. There doesn't seem to be a pattern with which the dashcam starts and stops the high-pitched tone. For example, it starts and stops in the middle of clips, and it may also resume after leaving the camera off all night. In addition to the high-pitched tone problem, the audio sometimes (more rarely) cuts out entirely without having the device set to "mute". The complete audio loss, however, starts when I first run the camera and stops once it is restarted.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this or knows how to deal with it? Is it just defective, or is there a firmware update or known cause of this? I don't want to take the time to wait for a new camera, but I will if I am forced to.

Also, it might help to know that I am using the latest version of the firmware, 20141204_A7_0805_GPS_1CARD.7z, as shown on DashcamTalk's Mini 0805 review page.

a lot of us have varying degrees of electrical noise. luckily, mine is not high pitched or loud. it's just a slightly noticeable whine. wiring is the biggest factor to the noise. make sure your wiring is clean and try to not have it run parallel to other wiring in the car. you may also try running the wire through the opposite a-pillar in your car.

Well, the wiring should be clean, considering I don't have it hardwired. And the ringing doesn't stop when I unplug the camera. I'm doubting that it's normal electrical noise. Also, it seems to be more constant now. I think the microphone might just be defective because it wasn't always like this, even with the exact same setup.

I can at least remove the ringing with Audacity if I need to save any clips.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm having the same problem... constant high pitched ringing when viewing the recordings.
I have already formatted the sd card etc, same issue.

I suspect the problem is the mic but I don't want to send it back to China to get a replacement, just going to put up with it.

I'll upload a video soon to see if it's the same problem as yours.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0805 2
Huib Mini 0805 1
F Mini 0805 3
R Mini 0805 6
Huib Mini 0805 2
Back