Audio Problems

AMG63

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a couple of B40c cameras in one car. One is an Autovox brand, the other from Bluesea Sky or some such nonsense.

The front camera runs 24/7, tied directly to the fuse panel. The rear camera is plugged into an outlet in the trunk that is only powered when the ignition is on.

My problem is that the audio on the front camera cuts out most of the time, making it impossible to hear anything that may happen. The rear camera doesn't have this problem. Easy enough - switch cameras, right?

Nope. Front audio still cuts out. WTF?

Firmware is current, I use Samsung 32GB EVO cards, and format them periodically.

Is it possible that voltage variances can kill the audio? My connections are solid, and the video never suffers, just sound.

Any ideas?

Welcome to DCT, AMG63. :)

A video sample of a recording with the audio problem would be nice, but at first look it sounds (pun not intended) like there's something interfering with the camera's audio in the front area of the car.

Yeah, maybe try the cigarette power adapter that came with the camera to see if that changes anything.

Yeah, maybe try the cigarette power adapter that came with the camera to see if that changes anything.
I didn't mention the power supply because I assumed @AMG63 has that power adapter connected directly to the fuse panel instead of to the cigarette lighter socket and also because usually audio cut-outs are caused by radio-like interferences.
Anyway, without hearing it I'm just guessing and trying to eliminate options, just like you. :)

Wow. Flickr is even worse. I'll keep looking for a way to get it on here.

Double check the wiring to the fuse tap and try another ground point.

Poor ground often leads to the oddest behavior.

I seriously doubt the problem is power-related. Poor ground would lead to power cuts and the camera would shut down immediately. There's background noise when the audio cuts off, which usually is a symptom of electromagnetic interference.

Last edited:
Back