Audio recording turning back on by itself

andrewket

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DR500GW. Audio recording is disabled in firmware settings. However, somehow audio recording is turning itself back on. I'm not pressing the touch-switch located by the wifi indicator. I have video with a stamp of "NO AUDIO" mixed with recordings with audio. My best guess at this point is that when I first plug in the unit audio recording is disabled, but that when it switches into parking mode it is turning on audio recording. I would actually be happy with this behavior as long as it re-disabled audio recording when it switched back to normal mode.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Do any workarounds exist, or is this a known bug?

Thanks.

andrewket said:
Hi,

I have a DR500GW. Audio recording is disabled in firmware settings. However, somehow audio recording is turning itself back on. I'm not pressing the touch-switch located by the wifi indicator. I have video with a stamp of "NO AUDIO" mixed with recordings with audio. My best guess at this point is that when I first plug in the unit audio recording is disabled, but that when it switches into parking mode it is turning on audio recording. I would actually be happy with this behavior as long as it re-disabled audio recording when it switched back to normal mode.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Do any workarounds exist, or is this a known bug?

Thanks.

Presumably you mean it is turned off in the settings menu. Havent had that problem

Had the opposite, sound is on and driving down the road suddenly said its off... Happened a few times but seems to have fixed itself.... Not done it for a while....

I think there is loose connection or bad circuit board.

When I was adjusting the view of the. I was twisting and applying a little pressure to the camera and it would say out loud that the audio recording is now disabled or enabled.

probably the switch in it, light sensitive I think? just need to cover the end of it without even touching it and it toggles the damn thing.

Tomcatuk said:
Had the opposite, sound is on and driving down the road suddenly said its off... Happened a few times but seems to have fixed itself.... Not done it for a while....

Same as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 500 has an audio on/off switch in the end of it Anyone tried using that

My camera has several defects. Wifi doesn't turn off. No matter how many times I push the wifi button.

Also, if I turn voice recording off in the software. There is no way to turn it back on with the sensor. Even though is says "voice recording on", it does not record voice unless I go back to the software to manually turn the voice recording on.

Which is stupid.

Back