Audio VERY quiet on replacement cam

luder888

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
B1W x2, G1W-C
I received a replacement B1W from Amazon because one of my previous cams wouldn't record intermittently (later on found out it's due to my slow SD card). My old cams were purchased a year ago.

Anyway, this new one I received, I was doing a test video and it could barely pick up anything I say. I have to turn my windows volume to almost max to hear some sound. Compared to my two older B1Ws (1 year old), something definitely seems to be off with this one.

Already did a factory reset.

Is this the new "redesigned" microphone? Because if it is, it sucks. Or is there something wrong with my cam?

Simple question, but have you tried checking the mic port for any obstructions like fluff or something?

Simple question, but have you tried checking the mic port for any obstructions like fluff or something?
Yeah it's literally brand new out of the box today, but I did shine a light into the mic and everything seems normal. Of course I didn't open it up so I don't know the condition inside...

How about the sound from the cam itself like start/stop recording stuff?

Yeah, that's very odd then. I imagine the solution will be getting yet another camera haha

How about the sound from the cam itself like start/stop recording stuff?
That sounds fine. I think it's the mic that's the problem. The speaker is fine.

I did contact the seller again. I don't want to keep pushing it since he already sent me a replacement for a cam I purchased a year ago!

I received a replacement B1W from Amazon because one of my previous cams wouldn't record intermittently (later on found out it's due to my slow SD card). My old cams were purchased a year ago.

Anyway, this new one I received, I was doing a test video and it could barely pick up anything I say. I have to turn my windows volume to almost max to hear some sound. Compared to my two older B1Ws (1 year old), something definitely seems to be off with this one.

Already did a factory reset.

Is this the new "redesigned" microphone? Because if it is, it sucks. Or is there something wrong with my cam?
Could you PM me the raw video footage? You can update it to Google drive and send me the download link, thank you!

Im also having this issue with low bit rate firmware. Audio is recorded very quiet.
Is there a known fix or must replace camera?

Im also having this issue with low bit rate firmware. Audio is recorded very quiet.
Is there a known fix or must replace camera?
Could you PM me the raw video footage, thanks!

I recentky purchased this camera from amazon, the audio you can also hardly hear unless you put volume to 100% on PC

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Could you update its raw footage to google drive and then show us the download link here?

Could you update its raw footage to google drive and then show us the download link here?
Oddly on PC I have it turned up to Max and can barely hear it. I uploaded it to google drive and it heaps louder but as you listen the music volume goes up and down continuously. Very strange

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Sould not so good :(

Yes, it is okay to return!

Back