August 27th Firmware

MedicalFlyer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C Lens, Mini 0906, SG9663DC Pro, A229 Plus
Just found this on the mini0906 website.
Haven't seen any announcement here but it has a few features we've been asking for:

mini0906 firmware update aug.27.2018

update log:
1, revise the converting mistake on GPS stamping
2, add setting backup function, auto save&restore settings on microSD card.
- when you finished setting, the camera will auto backup the setting inco onto microSD card.
- when the camera boot up, it will auto check setting info.
- If you format microSD card, please enter setting mode and quit to save a backup onto microSD.

download:
www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE-20180827.zip

Pending problem:
If the camera loop boot sound but freeze on the boot image, you need to reflash the firmware to camera.

Notice:
1, you only need to upgrade the latest firmware instead of one by one.
2, The microSD card which is used to upgrade firmware must be 8GB to 32GB as bootloader program can't identify SDXC card. once the upgrade finished, the firmware will align SDXC card (also SDHC, SD)

Hopefully this will be the end of the settings issues (shame it's a bit of a bodge but better than nothing)

Will try and install it tomorrow and see what happens.

Been a week now on the latest firmware install and still working fine. No resets. Fingers crossed.

Been a week now on the latest firmware install and still working fine. No resets. Fingers crossed.

Good to hear.
The way it's set we might still get resets but with the settings file being loaded from the SD card they'll be less of an issue as the settings will get restored.

If this is what works though it may make this a reliable camera for the long term.

Just installed it on the cam.
The file it save is called SYSINFO_COMMON and is marked as read only and hidden. Should save any issues arising hopefully.

The contents of the file look like this:
MOTION_DET=OFF;
PARKING_GUARD=AUTO_SWITCH;
MOVIE_SIZE=F_1080P30;
MOVIE_QUALITY=FINE;
METERING=AIAE;
EV_FRONT=00;
EV_REAR=00;
WB=AUTO;
FREQUENCY=50HZ;
ROTATE=OFF;
REAR_FLIP=ON;
CYCLIC_REC=3MIN;
BEEP=ON;
GREEN_LIGHT=GPS;
GSENSOR=MED;
DELAY_POWEROFF=OFF;
LCD_OFF=15SEC;
LOGO_STAMP=OFF;
GPS_SETTING=STAMP_ON;
GPS_UNIT=MPH;
CARNUM_STAMP=ON;
DATE_STAMP_FORMAT=DMY;
TIME_STAMP_FORMAT=24H;
UTC=+1;
TEMPRATURE=OFF;
LANGUAGE=EN;

I would guess that it would be possible to edit this or save a new one to the SD card before starting the camera for the first time.

Side note: on a look at my most recent footage it appears the cam settings on the previous firmware had survived around 1,200 miles over about a week and then failed to start up and record properly this morning and reset to defaults about 5mins in to my journey.

Last edited:
I installed the previous latest firmware (20180124) on my Mini 0906, and it seems the GPS is not as accurate as I would like. It seems to 'lag' behind the video, so when I playback, the video is ahead of location on map. Also, it sometimes has me driving off road, as well as doubling back on myself and driving through houses. Will this firmware have the same issue, or could it be more accurate? Should I maybe go back to an earlier firmware ? If so, which one ? Is this a known issue with the Mini 0906? If so, I'll be very disappointed, as I really like it, and I took a lot of self convincing to move from my trusty Koonlung K1s back onto the Mini series.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T mini0906 2
Back