Aukey 20000mAh 24 hours results

thesinex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to run my s750 on 1 channel for 24 hours, on my desk, so in car in 2ch mode in real world motion detection , I’d expect 18 to 20

What did you use to convert USB output?

Cigarette adapter

Attachments

• 15298475115756666862923286306881.jpg
    15298475115756666862923286306881.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 72
Nice. Did you get the adapter on Amazon? Is the Aukey Lithium Iron Phosphate? If not, are you worried about overheating in your car?

I can't find anything that says it's a LiPoE-battery inside the PB-N36 except this link:

http://domo-attitude.fr/jai-vide-powerbank-aukey-pb-n36/
And this source isn't really official Aukey-specifications. So, take it for what it's worth.

I'd be very vary about putting batterypacks into a hot car.. No matter if it's LiPoE..

To be honest I don't really understand the whole point. Ok, you power BV from powerbank for parking, when engine aint running, but how are you going to charge powerbank? From the car (12v lighter, fusebox w/e)? Do you have engine switched on for 8+ hours to re-charge powerbank?

To be honest I don't really understand the whole point. Ok, you power BV from powerbank for parking, when engine aint running, but how are you going to charge powerbank? From the car (12v lighter, fusebox w/e)? Do you have engine switched on for 8+ hours to re-charge powerbank?
I'm with you on that one. Unless the power bank recharges at lightening speed (a shortish drive), then what's the point of spending all that money.
A bog standard PMP will run the cam on your car battery, and it protects against a flat battery anyway., The BV only takes about 400mA and with car batteries ranging from 35,000mAh upwards why worry about it?

I'm with you on that one. Unless the power bank recharges at lightening speed (a shortish drive), then what's the point of spending all that money.
A bog standard PMP will run the cam on your car battery, and it protects against a flat battery anyway., The BV only takes about 400mA and with car batteries ranging from 35,000mAh upwards why worry about it?

I’m about to fit a BV 750S to my car and install the Power Magic Pro to hopefully be able to run the camera in Parking mode.

But do you or anyone else have a rough guess as to how long it will run for..........minutes, hours, days or weeks?

I know that’s a hard one to guess, but it is a new car so should have a very healthy car battery on board?

So any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK. Assume a higher than actual current consumption of 500mA = 0.5A. That gives an energy consumption of 0.5 Ah. A car battery is (say) 70Ah capacity, so the battery will provide 0.5A for 140 hours.
Whack in a 100% 'fiddle factor' gives somewhere in the region of 70 hours (plus or minus about 200% ;)).

Of course, this is absolutely nothing to do with the Aukey 20000mAh which is what the thread is supposed to be about.:ROFLMAO:

I scratch my head in wonder at why people shell out a huge amount of money on a relatively low capacity battery when they have a much larger one already in their car and a method of protecting it from complete discharge.:eek:

Last edited:
OK. Assume a higher than actual current consumption of 500mA = 0.5A. That gives an energy consumption of 0.5 Ah. A car battery is (say) 70Ah capacity, so the battery will provide 0.5A for 140 hours.
Whack in a 100% 'fiddle factor' gives somewhere in the region of 70 hours (plus or minus about 200% ;)).

Of course, this is absolutely nothing to do with the Aukey 20000mAh which is what the thread is supposed to be about.:ROFLMAO:

I scratch my head in wonder at why people shell out a huge amount of money on a relatively low capacity battery when they have a much larger one already in their car and a method of protecting it from complete discharge.:eek:

Sound, I’d probably only need 24 hours maximum most of the time [emoji1303]

I did wonder if the powermagic would be upto the job, now I know
It will be, thanks [emoji1316]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have power magic pro (and 750s + a 3g wifi modem) and an old battery in my car. Overall it resists about 30 hours, but if/when after 12h hours i unlock the dors, i immediately receive the notification that it was disconnected (probably because the voltage drops below the limit of 12v i've used). But it's a old car battery :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On some newer cars the electronics are sophisticated enough to detect an unexpected drain on the battery and even though the PMP stops excessive drain, the car reports error messages every time it's been parked. So you choose - either put up with error messages on the dashboard or buy a "low capacity battery".

Back