Aukey DR-02 lightning deal (A119 vs DR-02)

I didn't suggest that at all

neither the sensor or the processor are the same as what we use in the GC, they're talking things up a bit I guess

So, how is having a different sensor or processor than the GC, "talking things up"? The only criteria worth discussing is the image quality they achieve.

So, how is having a different sensor or processor than the GC, "talking things up"? The only criteria worth discussing is the image quality they achieve.

the comparisons being made were with the A119, whether or not it performs better I don't know, after that it was questioned about how it might compare to the GC as it was understood to have had the same sensor and processor as the GC, that however is not the case, I have no issue with brands that are able to get good results from whatever hardware they use, I do take issue with brands that misrepresent what hardware they use, they are not alone, even some much larger brands do the same, I've seen processors re-labelled to different models, different brands, even non existent brands in an attempt to hide what is being used or to present it as being of a different specification

I've seen no evidence that Aukey has intentionally misrepresented the hardware in their cameras. When asked they answer in writing which processor they use and they tout the sensor and ram brand they use on their website.

IMX323.jpg

You said "the spec is not what they claim".

correct, that's what I said

you then asked if I was saying they don't use the IMX323, I never said that

I stated previously that they don't use the same processor and sensor that we use which is what was suggested, as I said it is different, we do not use the IMX323 in the GC, we use a different model

correct, that's what I said

you then asked if I was saying they don't use the IMX323, I never said that

I stated previously that they don't use the same processor and sensor that we use which is what was suggested, as I said it is different, we do not use the IMX323 in the GC, we use a different model

You are talking through both sides of your mouth! Forget what I said. You said, "the spec is not what THEY claim". You are accusing them of lying! The spec is what they state in writing.

not according to the manufacturer it's not

OK, have I missed something? Aukey clearly states they use of the IMX323 sensor and the response from the company to @M Basta's inquiry was,"The DR-02 camera's CPU is NT96655 - You could see it in the manual attached."

Is there any evidence that Aukey has ever stated otherwise? If so please post that evidence.

Last edited:
I'm currently evaluating my DR01 vs my SG9665GC, so may have similar comparisons to assess shortly. I'm very impressed with what Aukey have achieved with these cameras. Time will tell if they are durable and whether there are any firmware updates.
I'm still compiling video and still frames for my DR01 vs SG9665GC comparison. I'm short of free time so these things take a while.

However I'm only doing this out of personal interest since I currently own both cameras. I really don't care too much about what hardware they run, neither do I want to fuel this debate about the camera specifications.

I will be removing both cameras from my car this weekend. One of them is going into my wife's car. The other is being returned to Amazon.

I agree. The image quality is more important than what hardware is inside the case. The Aukey cameras are very interesting because of the price, the video quality being reported so far, the two year warranty and the fact that the company appears to be providing responsive customer service. If these cameras prove to be at all reliable then they may really have something worth paying attention to. All this flak from an entrenched competitor selling a similar camera that goes for three times the price is just noise.

As of 12:24 PM today - USA Eastern time - (10/22/17), for the next two hours, the lightning deal at $52.49 is once again available for the Aukey DR-02 camera.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B072FGL63X
As of last Friday morning the UK version of the DR02 increased in price to £69.99 and there's no sign of any lightning deal.

As of last Friday morning the UK version of the DR02 increased in price to £69.99 and there's no sign of any lightning deal.

That's too bad, sorry to hear that. I don't know if UK Amazon works like USA Amazon but here prices of some items fluctuate, especially if they've been offered previously as a lightning or other special deal. So, if you are interested in an item you may have missed when the price was low, just keep an eye on it and often the price will drop again and if you time things right you can jump on it. I think they do that knowing some people are looking at a second crack at it. I've even come up with a term for it.......Non-buyer's remorse! :)

Anyway, today's Aukey DR-02 Lightning Deal didn't even make it to the next two hours as they sold out the deal within about twenty minutes. Seems to be a popular camera already.

That's too bad, sorry to hear that. I don't know if UK Amazon works like USA Amazon but here prices of some items fluctuate, especially if they've been offered previously as a lightning or other special deal. So, if you are interested in an item you may have missed when the price was low, just keep an eye on it and often the price will drop again and if you time things right you can jump on it. I think they do that knowing some people are looking at a second crack at it. I've even come up with a term for it.......Non-buyer's remorse! :)

Anyway, today's Aukey DR-02 Lightning Deal didn't even make it to the next two hours as they sold out the deal within about twenty minutes. Seems to be a popular camera already.
They sold out because you bought one!

I'm currently evaluating my DR01 vs my SG9665GC, so may have similar comparisons to assess shortly
Definitely do this. Many times I've wondered how this would compare to the GC, considering they use the same sensor and processor. Even the body is more similar to the GC than the A119.

If
A119 >= SG9665GC (as some have said)
and
DR-02 > A119 (imho)
then ...

As for durability, we're guaranteed it will work for 2 years.

$52 for all of this?!
DR01 ≤ GC
Comparison here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/aukey-dr01-vs-mobius-1-vs-sg9665gc.31273/

Back