Aukey DR01 vs Blueskysea B1W vs G1W-S ???

Hathor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can get the B1W for £50
the G1W-S for £55
or the Aukey DR01 for £34

Are the B1W or G1W-S better than the DR01? And if so, are they MUCH better?

I would rather spend £34 for this but not if it is a lot worse than the other 2.

I do not really have any requirements as it is a gift.

EDIT: actually, there is one requirement, it has to be from UK because it is a Christmas gift so will not get here from China

Last edited:
If you ask me,i vote B1W,i am the seller of B1W :)
Anyway,your any final decision should be respected !

If you ask me,i vote B1W,i am the seller of B1W :)
Anyway,your any final decision should be respected !
I have heard of your shop but it appears as though you do not sell in the UK?

It available on amazon.co.uk,and FBA local shipping service,much better than international shipping!

I have used both the B1W and the DR01. I bought the DR01, but returned it. I received the B1W for testing.

The biggest difference between them is that the DR01 and the G1W-S have buttons and a screen for camera alignment, setup changes etc. The B1W has no screen and requires the owner to use a smartphone app and a WiFi connection. Does the person you are buying for have a smartphone and would they be comfortable using it in this way? The app is well written and easy to use.

The lack of a screen makes the B1W more discreet than the others, so it can fit in behind the rear view mirror better. The others have a suction cup which is more visible from the outside.

I returned the DR01 as I found the camera wobbled in the mount. It was going to be a camera for my wife's car, but I changed plans and gave her my SG9665GC. For a slightly higher price and much sturdier mount you can sometimes get the DR02 on a lightning deal for around £50.

In terms of image quality, the B1W does well with its relatively low bitrate, but the DR01 is a bit more detailed.

The DR01 works well out of the box, which is good. I would not expect much in terms of forum engagement here on DCT or product development from Aukey. The G1W-S has a larger user base and comes from a long line of products which are well supported. The B1W is new and needs a little fine tuning, however as you have seen the seller is active here on DCT for support, and firmware updates are likely.

I have used both the B1W and the DR01. I bought the DR01, but returned it. I received the B1W for testing.

The biggest difference between them is that the DR01 and the G1W-S have buttons and a screen for camera alignment, setup changes etc. The B1W has no screen and requires the owner to use a smartphone app and a WiFi connection. Does the person you are buying for have a smartphone and would they be comfortable using it in this way? The app is well written and easy to use.

The lack of a screen makes the B1W more discreet than the others, so it can fit in behind the rear view mirror better. The others have a suction cup which is more visible from the outside.

I returned the DR01 as I found the camera wobbled in the mount. It was going to be a camera for my wife's car, but I changed plans and gave her my SG9665GC. For a slightly higher price and much sturdier mount you can sometimes get the DR02 on a lightning deal for around £50.

In terms of image quality, the B1W does well with its relatively low bitrate, but the DR01 is a bit more detailed.

The DR01 works well out of the box, which is good. I would not expect much in terms of forum engagement here on DCT or product development from Aukey. The G1W-S has a larger user base and comes from a long line of products which are well supported. The B1W is new and needs a little fine tuning, however as you have seen the seller is active here on DCT for support, and firmware updates are likely.

Thank you for the reply
I did order the DR01 last night but I have until Tuesday to cancel it. The reason I went for it was because it has 2 years warranty and its cheap enough that I can also buy a SD card so he can be good to go...
I still am thinking about the B1W though....It looks a lot more discreet, but I am not sure it is worth the £16 extra.

On another thread I was recommended the Spy Tec A118C2 as an option...So I now have 4 choices.

EDIT: I Cancelled the DR01 order and got the B1W, it looks more discreet and the last thing I want is to gift someone something that will get their windows smashed.

Still debating if I should have gone for the Spy Tec a118 though

Last edited:
I can not seem to find what processor the Aukey DR01 uses, anyone with that information

Just bought one of these Aukey DR01's as they was an offer on Amazon (UK) for around £33 sterling, so I though go on I will give it a try just for a back up camera just in case. footage is a bit grainy through the day, the night time is not to bad in all honesty. the let down is where you have to place the SD card at the top of the camera rather than the side where it would be more easy to retrieve when needed. so to get your card out you have to slacken the camera mount and move it to take it out as it is also next to the power mini USB lead socket on the camera. so that's a bitt of a messing about I do not need. worse thing is there is no function to manually turn the unit off and on by the way of pressing the buttons on the camera. it only powers on and off if you fully disconnect the lead from the camera or the main 12v power source. I like to power the camera fully off before taking my cards out as if you take the card out while the camera is still on it can loose the last loop of footage you have got. this is what this camera does if you have it hardwired to a permeant live fuse. you have no choice but to pull the USB lead out of the camera to turn off. and take the card out. this then looses your last loop of footage. so make sure you go on a new loop before removing. the sucker bracket will eventually fail as it quite cheaply made and with moving the camera all the time it will not last very long. but saying all this you get what you pay for.

Yes, the angled usb cable running over the SD card slot on top of the camera is not the best thought-out ergonomics. However I suspect most people will leave the card in all the time, so it's not that big an issue. I found that if I removed the USB cable, I could extract the card without moving the camera.

I think most cameras will not have a physical off switch. They're designed to be auto on/off, so you don't forget to turn them on. You can add your own in-line switch to the power cord for those times when you want to remove the card.

I didn't really like the DR01 suction cup mount, and the connection to the camera. I felt that these let down what is otherwise a decent product for the price.

Back