Ausdom A260 issue

pepo1

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
My Ausdom A260 spasmodically records for up to 15 seconds, then intermittently displays a spinner icon and stops recording.
I've tried resetting the unit and re-formatting the card. When I attempt to format, I always get the error "Format failed!.
I'm guessing it's related to the card and I need a replacement, but posted this in case anyone had a similar occurrence and found a solution
Thanks, Paul

Thanks, how do I connect the card to my laptop in order to do that? Leave it in the camera, then plug in the camera USB?

OK I figured it out, but it says "Cannot write protected card"

You need a card reader.

What card is it? Sounds like it is locked in read only mode. If that's the case, you need a new card. Do not use SanDisk Ultra cards (red and grey) unless it is the new A1 series (must say A1 on the card).

Yep, that message means the card is dead. Good deals from Amazon on Samsung EVO Select (same as EVO Plus) and it's gained an excellent reputation in most dashcams. Transcend 400X is another good one but costs more. Dashcams work cards harder than any other gadget, so the cheap ones will disappoint if they work at all. And watch for fakes.

Phil

Thanks for your help. It's all working well now with a new SD Card.
For others who may have this camera, the manual is next to useless with respect to setting up the cam. Before using the card in your camera, you have to format the card by inserting it into card reader and then into the SD card reader slot of your laptop. You also need a program on your laptop to perform the format. I downloaded "SD Card Formatter" and it worked perfectly. Once formatted, insert the card into your camera and you're good to go.

Back