Ausdom A261 + Sandisk SD cards = No Bueno

JnC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a heads up, the Ausdom A261 does not play well with Sandisk SD cards. I found out the hard way, the card will work fine till its full and then the camera will have trouble loop recording. In my case it kept recording for only 18 seconds and omitting significant amount of footage as well. While I tried to look for reasons as to why the camera was behaving this way I switched to an old class 4 16GB card that I had laying around and the camera worked just fine.

Short story long I am currently using a Samsung UHS-1 Class 10 64GB card which is working great with the camera without any issues.

I have seen a few reviews on Amazon where folks have been having the same issue, I am pretty sure they are having this issue as they are using a Sandisk card as Sandisk seem to be the popular choice these days for SD cards.

Actually, it should be like this:
Any dashcam + Sandisk card = no bueno. ;)
I do have few of them and seems to work fine with many dashcams but few created corrupted files and one only had random length files the entire trip instead of set loop. Popped another card and it had 3 minutes files. Reuse SanDisk for phones/tablets/cameras.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old4570 Ausdom 0
R Ausdom 0
S Ausdom 16
O Ausdom 6
USDashCamera Ausdom 1
Back