Auto Event Detection not capturing everything

thomas-dash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4k, Viofo MT1
I recently installed my A129 PRO DUO and I have been monitoring the footage daily. I noticed that sometimes a person appears out of the middle of nowhere at the beginning of a capture. They weren't in the previous captures and were in the middle of the screen in the capture I am viewing. There is no possible way for them to get to the location without passing through the field of view of the camera. Does anyone know why this happens?

Similarly, I'll see people walking through the field of view, but not get to the edge of it. I would expect the next capture to be them walking through the rest of the field of view, but the next capture is a completely different event.

This is down to the buffering ( when you see a person "beam" into existence in the middle of everything ) this is why i use low bitrate recording, cuz it just record low bitrate footage all the time, the downside then is finding a event can be problematic, so i also have G - sensor on ( high sensitivity ) to register and lock the actual events.

Same go when the camera stop recording the event, this often happen in a "few" seconds so the recording can be cut short.
So a event recording can be pretty short, say you have 10 seconds pre buffer, and then the recording stop in 20 seconds, so you just have 30 seconds in total.

I have never used motion detection in relation to parking guard in my dashcams, but i am also new to using this feature as it have just been possible for me to do that since 2020.
I am also just using parking guard for 1 hour on the build in timer, this cover all my shopping, and at home i have CCTV from my apartment aimed at my car parked in the back yard, only use longer duration's for testing purpose.

My recommendation is to use a 256GB memory card, and use low bitrate recording + G - sensor on while parked
The lower bitrate do a good enough job, something i was worried about when i first got the chance to play with it, but i found the camera easy do plate captures on cars passing by at speed.

Low bitrate recordings are treated like regular recordings, so they are not locked, hence why you will want a plenty large memory card, the SG camera normal footage is 350 MB for a 3 minute file, in parking mode this drop to 118 MB for 3 minutes

Back