Auto Event not working with Parking Sensor

RedFord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just installed my cam with the 3 wire power and the parking mode only seems to stay on for a few minutes after I turn off the truck or accessory. The cam turns on and starts recording when I turn on the truck. I have the red wire into constant power and used micro2 fuse taps for the fuse block at the passenger foot well. The power cutoff switch on the three wire is set at 12.4v.

This is on a 2019 F150 so perhaps the battery control module on the truck is shutting down any power drain after a short time?

Is the rec button supposed to flash then entire time it stays in parking mode? Right now when I shut the truck off the power button will start to flash after a short while, and then it will turn solid to recording if I open and slam the door. It only does this for a couple minutes though and then the whole camera shuts down.

Here are all the settings that I have

Resolution: 2560x1440P, 30FPS
Bitrate: High
Loop Recording: 3 minutes
Video Format: MP4
EV Exposure: +0.0
WDR: Off
Parking Mode: AutoEventDetection
ParkingG-Sensor: High Sensitivity
ParkingMotionDetection: Middle Sensitivity
Time-Lapse Recording: Off
Motion Detection: Off
GPS: Off
Speed Unit: MPH
G-Sensor: Low Sensitivity
Date Stamp: On
GPS Info Stamp: Off
Camera Model Stamp: On
Record Audio: Off
Screen Saver: 1 Minute
Boot Delay: Off
LED: On
Date/Time: (Self Explanatory)
Time Zone: GMT-8
Language: (Self Explanatory)
Beep Sound: Off
Frequency: 60Hz (USA)
Image Rotation: Off
Format: (Self Explanatory)
Format Warning: Off
Default Settings: (Self Explanatory)
Car Number: (No number)
Custom Text Stamp: (No custom text)
Firmware Version: Current V1.03
Build: 20190911

How long does the camera remain on after you turn off the truck? There is a 90 second delay on the kit from when it senses voltage below the set cutoff and when it cuts power to the camera. You may need to set the cutoff lower.

I will have to check, but I think it stays on about 90 seconds from when I shut off the truck. I might hook the red wire direct the the battery ad see if it makes a difference. Maybe the 12.4 setting is too high and I can try setting it lower to see if there is a difference. I am also thinking maybe the fuse block for the passenger door control module is not really full time power like I think it is. I will have to do some troubleshooting but I thought maybe I had a defective 3 wire cutoff or wrong cam setting?

If it powers off after 90 seconds, then it's likely cutting power due to sensed voltage lower than 12.4V. Try 12.2V or 12V and see it it stays on longer. Keep in mind that you need to power cycle the kit once the cutoff point has been changed.

Ok I think it is working correctly. I turned the cutoff down to 12v and the cam ran a long time in parking mode. I am not really anxious to see how long it will run that way or how low I can go with the truck battery. I just turned off the parking mode on the camera and will run it like a regular two wire setup and call it good. I am mostly concerned with catching video while driving anyway so it will be all good. I wish someone made a battery pack that could be charged while driving and plugged into the cam at the same time.

Back