Auto record after booting on any action cam

popfati

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project where I need a camera to start recording after booting.
I know that it's possible on gopros but I was wondering if I could do the same with a random action cam on amazon using a script.

Welcome to the forum popfati.

Any dashcam start recording as soon as it get power, thats kind of the prime thing of dashcams, as you can not trust people to remember pressing a record button.
Quite a few action cameras also have this dashcam functionallity

Welcome to the forum popfati.

Any dashcam start recording as soon as it get power, thats kind of the prime thing of dashcams, as you can not trust people to remember pressing a record button.
Quite a few action cameras also have this dashcam functionallity
Thanks for your help !

The system I'm working on is supposed to work under water so an action cam would be a better option.
Do yo know any models of action cams that have this function ? I've checked many documentations of cams but this feature seems to not exist.

As i recall all of the old SJ cam cameras did that, so SJ6 - SJ6 legend and the 4K SJ7 camera.
But i think newer cameras should have this feature too

I used the SJ6 legend to record a 9 hour long drive around parts of my country some years ago

You could check with worth it or not on youtube he have reviewed a lot of cameras over the years.

Back