Auto Record Delay for Diesel?

jon-.-

Reaction score
Country
United States
My SG9665GC allows my to set a time delay before it starts to auto record after being powered on. I was wondering if it's possible to do this with the Mobius.

they could easily code this in the firmware, it's quite possible nobody has suggested or requested this feature though

Suggested it but "Isoprop" said not possible with present hardware. Maybe possible with Mobius 2.

Why do you want this time delay feature? With hours of recording time available on an SD card, it doesn't seem like a few unwanted minutes on startup would be a problem. Or maybe I'm not understanding the issue.

Why do you want this time delay feature? With hours of recording time available on an SD card, it doesn't seem like a few unwanted minutes on startup would be a problem. Or maybe I'm not understanding the issue.
it's just a startup delay to get past the start/stop/start process when starting a diesel vehicle, 15 seconds is usually enough

When hard wired, camera starts when ignition is turned ON. When starter turns, it draws all power (exaggeration) away from camera. Camera loses power and goes to OFF and stays OFF even when power is resumed when car started. So a delay is necessary especially for diesel vehicles.

When hard wired, camera starts when ignition is turned ON. When starter turns, it draws all power (exaggeration) away from camera. Camera loses power and goes to OFF and stays OFF even when power is resumed when car started. So a delay is necessary especially for diesel vehicles.

you can add your own timer to hold accessories while cranking

Okay, I understand now. My hybrid powers up the same way with power going ON/off/ON, but the camera powers up without any problem. There's a setting called "Power-on Delay" in SYSCFG.TXT file. Have you tried changing that setting?

i'd love a delay too.

sometimes I find when I first start sometimes, if I do a bad shift to second (low power shift) then my dashcam actually fails to continue to start. It gets stuck in a on-off stage where I have to unplug it for it to record again.

Simply put, if you supply power to the mobius, then cutt the power while still plugged in at the right time, it will not record.

you can add your own timer to hold accessories while cranking
I bought the timer, and plan to install it. But it's just a pain in the butt more than anything. I would think this is something that could be added to the S/W. Fingers crossed!

Okay, I understand now. My hybrid powers up the same way with power going ON/off/ON, but the camera powers up without any problem. There's a setting called "Power-on Delay" in SYSCFG.TXT file. Have you tried changing that setting?
My research shows that this setting controls how long the power button must be held before the camera turns on.

i'd love a delay too.

sometimes I find when I first start sometimes, if I do a bad shift to second (low power shift) then my dashcam actually fails to continue to start. It gets stuck in a on-off stage where I have to unplug it for it to record again.

Simply put, if you supply power to the mobius, then cutt the power while still plugged in at the right time, it will not record.

Yes, it seems like most the time it will record fine, but every now and the auto record fails.

I bought the timer, and plan to install it. But it's just a pain in the butt more than anything. I would think this is something that could be added to the S/W. Fingers crossed!

the hardware method is more definite but the software solution works for 99% of cases, I don't know that the dev understands the concept though as it is something that is achievable on the platform they use

Back