Auto upload to cloud/FTP

Dashcm

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello guys I’m new here. I have a 70mai pro and was wondering if there would be a way to auto upload the footage to a FTP server. I want to be able to keep my footage for a while as a SD Card fills up.

Welcome to DCT :) Not sure if this is possible with this cam, as most don't have the capability to record vids and do wifi DL's at the same time. It's faster to pull the card and DL directly to your PC, which is what most of us do.

Wireless capability with dashcams isn't at the level most folks expect it to be when compared to other gadgets yet. It's getting there but slowly.

Phil

oops another necro newbie thread revival

I believe the blackview DR750S is cloud/ftp capable.

If anyone could suggest any budget-ish dashcams with LTE bands 1,3,5,7,28,40? (i think these are the bands used in Australia, tbc)

Got plenty to learn already though...

cheers
adrian

With the amount of data generated, I don't think this will be possible anytime soon.
My dash cam records at 20Mbps for example and this number will most likely go up in the future.
For 4k cameras you will need a perfect 5G all the time.

Yes, no time soon, and probs remain high end feature but technology develops pretty rapidly once consumers understand benefits.

I did not consider file size. duh.

Are dashcams built into late model high end vehicles I wonder? They have a lot of other sensors...

Not common with build in dashcams, but Tesla do let you use their sensor cameras as dashcams ( though not stellar image quality dashcams )
Other provide aftermarket dashcams, which are often them putting their name on a cheap camera.

Denmark will be getting 3 natio wide 5G networks, meaning with my provider i will have access to 2 of them, and the country being pretty flat too, well i still dont have faith in being able to UL in real time.
I also have to admit that something like that is a waste of network bandwidth, but thats maybe a result of me being very much a anti streaming / vlogger person, for instance people streaming them self playing some game, well i just want to reach thru my monitor and strangle them.

I pretty much see next to no reason to be live with anything ( though i did just watch space X fly a rocket live, but it did not have to be like that, just the world infecting me with its stupid too )

Back