AUTO-VOX B40-C?

blake

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was going to purchase the SG variant of this recently released, but I had to get a dashcam for the misses too and I figured I could live with the lesser video quality (Also dont need GPS).

That being said, I purchased 2 AUTO-VOX B40-C from amazon (AUTO-VOX retailer). Anything iIshould know about this particular "brand". Will it take the firmware listed here for the gearbest sold ones?

Also any mods I should do right off the top? Remove cloth dust shield for ventilation etc?

Thanks,

Thanks, I'll apply the firmware posted here then as soon as I get it. I'll test it to make sure focus etc is alright before installing.

I'd be inclined to run it as is for the time being, the firmware might only be a boot logo change and for that you risk warranty

all A118-C/B40-C models are the same no matter who you buy from

So what you're saying is there is only one manufacturing facility for these and all components are the same?

I would assume the firmware is/can be different - correct?

So whats up with the firmware posted on the forums here?

I currently have firmware that is 3/15 /2015

Are there any issues with my current firmware? Any reason to use the latest one posted on the forums? Any reasons to stay with my current?

Thanks,

Firmware boot logos are different
So other than that all versions of the A118-C are the same - firmware (other than logo), lens, motherboard, sensor, cap, etc.?

Well, just encountered my first odd thing. The memory card filled up and instead of overwriting the older files, it just says "Memory Error" and wont record. Im assuming this is related to a memory full error in the wiki. Would a firmware update fix it or do i actually have to change the loop time?

Edit:
Also my motion and G sensors are both off.

Edit2:
Well i updated to the latest Autovox firmware that was just recently posted here on the forums. I also changed my loop interval to 1 min. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Last edited:
could actually be a bad SD card. did you test it in h2testw?

I didnt test it, but when i plopped it into my laptop almost the entire card 32gb was full (couple hundred mb left) and all of the videos worked. I purchased my micro sd card at best buy. I would hope it isn't a fake or something like that. If i test it with h2testw will it format the card?

I didnt test it, but when i plopped it into my laptop almost the entire card 32gb was full (couple hundred mb left) and all of the videos worked. I purchased my micro sd card at best buy. I would hope it isn't a fake or something like that. If i test it with h2testw will it format the card?
doesn't have to be fake to be bad. i had an authentic sandisk 64gb card fail on me last week.

no, h2testw won't format it, but in order to test the entire card, you do need to format it so it's blank. a quick format is fine for that.

doesn't have to be fake to be bad. i had an authentic sandisk 64gb card fail on me last week.

no, h2testw won't format it, but in order to test the entire card, you do need to format it so it's blank. a quick format is fine for that.

Ahh, ok. When i get home i'll run a test on it just to be sure. If it comes up clean then what? Do i just hope that the new FW works correctly?

The brand is Lexar 32gb class 10.

Ran fake card tester, worked fine. Now running test with h2testw. This will take forever.

Last edited:
Back