Auto-vox M3

BobG

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the easiest way to hide wiring from D/C adapter and rear video feed cord to come down the front door. I am hesitant to pull the rubber molding.

I route my wires ( power and GPS mouse ) via the A-pillars, getting dual channel system soon will route wire to rear camera over headliner.

Pulling the plastic shell off the A-pillar is easy, i first have to pull off a little triangular pice due to the design in my car there, then there is one screw holding on the mail A- pillar plastic, and some click thingies you just have to pull apart.

On my little cheap ass Suzuki car i can also route a wire behind the weather strip rubber molding without taking the rubber off.

When i put in headunit in my car i could not figure how to take the center console apart, so i drove to dealer and a guy there demoed for me how i just hat to leaver off some plastic trim so i could get to the screws holding most things in the center console in place.
Maybe you can get dealer / auto shop to show you how to pry off the plastic on the A-piller if you are the afraid to use too much force, or you could go to a salvage yard and find a wrecked car same brand as yours and practice on it how to pull off plastic from A-pillar, and then just leave saying you was not able to find what you needed.

It do take a little force to pry off most plastic trim, but not more than a 5 year old could dish out if it got the chance.

I route my wires ( power and GPS mouse ) via the A-pillars, getting dual channel system soon will route wire to rear camera over headliner.

Pulling the plastic shell off the A-pillar is easy, i first have to pull off a little triangular pice due to the design in my car there, then there is one screw holding on the mail A- pillar plastic, and some click thingies you just have to pull apart.

On my little cheap ass Suzuki car i can also route a wire behind the weather strip rubber molding without taking the rubber off.

When i put in headunit in my car i could not figure how to take the center console apart, so i drove to dealer and a guy there demoed for me how i just hat to leaver off some plastic trim so i could get to the screws holding most things in the center console in place.
Maybe you can get dealer / auto shop to show you how to pry off the plastic on the A-piller if you are the afraid to use too much force, or you could go to a salvage yard and find a wrecked car same brand as yours and practice on it how to pull off plastic from A-pillar, and then just leave saying you was not able to find what you needed.

It do take a little force to pry off most plastic trim, but not more than a 5 year old could dish out if it got the chance.

Hey, thanks!

I wasn't satisfied with my installation and wanted to re-do parts of it. GREAT idea about going to wrecking yard! Will do this week and test.

Hi you mentioned your gps mouse.... I just got the m3 autovox and I notice their is a GPS plug in... I have a GPS mouse from a previous cam, what kind of software go I need to use the GPS.. Thank you

Its not sure the other GPS mouse work with your new camera, but to check if it do you can use registrator viewer or any other dedicated dashcam viewer.

Hi you mentioned your gps mouse.... I just got the m3 autovox and I notice their is a GPS plug in... I have a GPS mouse from a previous cam, what kind of software go I need to use the GPS.. Thank you
According to Auto-Vox, that port does not work as of yet. The M3 does not support GPS...yet. I think it is there for a possible upgrade. That said, not sure if it would be a good idea on a rear mirror because it would be distracting in traffic. I use a Garmin (I don't know WHY I typed 'mouse.' Must have been really tired. Sorry! LOL

According to Auto-Vox, that port does not work as of yet. The M3 does not support GPS...yet. I think it is there for a possible upgrade. That said, not sure if it would be a good idea on a rear mirror because it would be distracting in traffic.

don't think you understand what is being discussed, the GPS mouse is nothing to do with navigation

Yes GPS in most dashcams it to log your route and speed during your drive, navigation is not part of the "game"

I do thing there is a few dashcams that you can also use for NAV, but they are far between at the moment, they also necessitate a fairly large screen, and in general in western markets large cameras and screens are not that popular on dashcams.

Back