AUTO-VOX X1 PRO Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I reviewed the autovox M1W back up camera which I purchased. Autovox reached out to me shortly after and asked if I wanted to review the X1 pro which is a 2 channel dash camera with back up camera functionality. Whats nice about this camera is the front camera is a rear view mirror but it is not one that just snaps over your existing mirror. This camera replaces your existing factory mirror and there are many adapters for many different cars.

There are pros and cons to this camera. The pros definitely include the fact that it replaces your entire mirror, not some tacky device that covers your factory mirror. The rear camera is also both a back up camera and rear dash camera. I have seen some dash cameras with a rear back up camera but don't record the rear camera. This camera does record the rear channel at all times.

There are several cons though too. For one, its $321 on Amazon currently and for that price the video quality is just so so. the front does 1296p but it was not anything impressive. the rear camera is only 720p. There is a parking mode which uses a 3 wire connection, but it is not buffered, it is based on g sensor shock detection. There is a 4-5 second delay between an impact and when it starts recording. It COULD be useful, but not as good as many dash cams with buffered parking mode.

Overall the price is the hardest part to swallow because you really really need to want this form factor with the back up camera functionality. there is also the fact that a back up camera located where a back up camera makes sense is not really the same place a rear dash camera would be placed best. But if you want a hybrid device that doesnt include any extra devices on your windshield or external LCD screens this is worth checking out if you can swallow the price. There isn't a huge market with 2 channel dash cams like this so your choices are limited, check out the video review below:

Yes, this item has a little expensive than other dash cams.
But this item has promotion now. 15% off code with WWD4CT28

I like the OEM look, and the night vision is really good, I made a comparison picture of it, very impressed.
A85CC886-CFB5-477b-8B21-2F43F8DF36C7.png

watch the review, there is sample video, night is a bit poor from the rear but that's expected for 720p
Thanks. I also check the review on Amazon, the video quality is sharp, even at night. Don't know why this is different.

About hardwiring, if car has other than mini-type fuse slot (ATO, Low Profile, Micro2, or Mucro3), or fuse need to be replaced, or there are no free fuse slots, how to be in that case?
Screenshot_20180821-070419.png

About hardwiring, if car has other than mini-type fuse slot (ATO, Low Profile, Micro2, or Mucro3), or fuse need to be replaced, or there are no free fuse slots, how to be in that case?
View attachment 40898
If the fuse is not suitable or no free fuse slot, I suggest the bellowing ways to solve it,
A: please prepare an add-a-circuit first, choose a suitable size for your fuses box. Then unplug the connector of the yellow or red wire, connect the blue side, and plug your own fuses on the add-a-circuit.
B: please unplug the connector of the yellow wire or red wire, then unplug one of your fuses, bind the yellow wire on that fuses and plug into the fuses box.

Thanks. I also check the review on Amazon, the video quality is sharp, even at night. Don't know why this is different.
I think may it was compressed when uploading the video.

watch the review, there is sample video, night is a bit poor from the rear but that's expected for 720p
Yea it's about what I was expecting for a 720p video. The night footage wasn't bad when there was a lot of street lights but it's obvious that it's 720p at first sight.

I think may it was compressed when uploading the video.
YouTube always compresses it some but I'd say being 720p is the bigger issue than YouTube compression.

Back