Auto-Vox X2

PeterB

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dash Cam
Auto-vox X2
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is someone who has any kind of experience with creation of custom firmware / source code / API for Auto-vox X2 dascam. I bought this device a couple of months ago and I would like to create my own custom firmware...I mean it works perfectly but I would like to create/try to add some new features if it is possible. Even though I do not know anything about its internal hardware specification and do not want to disassemble it.

As a hobby developer it would be nice to learn and play with this firmware so if you know any available resource (documentation, source code, toolchain) please let me know. Thank you so much!

ps: this is the device itself

Hi Jokiin,

I am not 100% sure but I guess it is an MSTAR 8328P. I found a quite similar product on their website with a cheaper design it may help.

if it's Mstar you're pretty much on your own, not a platform that anyone has bothered trying to decompile before, it's really only used in entry level product so not as much community interest in that type of chipset unfortunately

I just figured out it's actually a Jado D800 cam / clone.

Back