AV hook up to car Stereo

Ca_Lvn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I would like to hook my camera to my android car stereo ,the stereo has AV rca inputs 1 for video & 2 for audio.
So would I use a cable like this and just use 1 side for audio and 1 for video ,if so what color would be video?
Thanks in advance for your help.
uploadfromtaptalk1459651390800.png

Hello I would like to hook my camera to my android car stereo ,the stereo has AV rca inputs 1 for video & 2 for audio.
So would I use a cable like this and just use 1 side for audio and 1 for video ,if so what color would be video?
Thanks in advance for your help.
View attachment 22041

This one will not work, it is audio only ( 3 pin ). You need AV cable with 4 pin plug.

AV_cable_20588-2m.JPG

HTB1eYyuGVXXXXa9XFXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg

Clipboard01_zps70c5161d.jpg

you just need to check it, not all of these cables are wired the same
Ok will do thanks for the fast response.
I have a apt on my car system called touque that displays car system values like speed rpm any senser that the obd11/ecm reads and it has a option to record (like track times ) with the displays you set up.
So im interested to see if the SG9665GC will interface with this.

Ok will do thanks for the fast response.
I have a apt on my car system called touque that displays car system values like speed rpm any senser that the obd11/ecm reads and it has a option to record (like track times ) with the displays you set up.
So im interested to see if the SG9665GC will interface with this.

it's just video out, the same as what you see on the LCD

This one will not work, it is audio only ( 3 pin ). You need AV cable with 4 pin plug.

AV_cable_20588-2m.JPG

HTB1eYyuGVXXXXa9XFXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg

Clipboard01_zps70c5161d.jpg
Thats what I originally thought but the short adapter that came with it is 3 pin?
uploadfromtaptalk1459653046686.jpg

Tip: You can use the short 3.5mm extension cord included in the SG9665GC box if your video cable is too thick or right angle.

it only needs 3 pin, it would use 4 pin only of there was stereo audio
Yes that was my understanding I have purchased the 4 pin but did not try or use when I saw the difference from the supplyed pigtail

Tip: You can use the short 3.5mm extension cord included in the SG9665GC box if your video cable is too thick or right angle.
Ok you guys are great here

Included adapter is for GPS antenna but not for video out.

it works for either actually
it works for either actually

yea, but only in case the further AV cables plug pins are in correct correspondence to provide video. I have seen / tested few weird "similar looking" plugs / cables where pins where totally out of "international"-agreed order. Only via tst n try was able to find video / audio / etc./

yea, but only in case the further AV cables plug pins are in correct correspondence to provide video. I have seen / tested few weird "similar looking" plugs / cables where pins where totally out of "international"-agreed order. Only via tst n try was able to find video / audio / etc./
So the 4 pin will work with the video in correct order only supplying mono sound to one channel correct ?

I've never found a cable where the yellow ended up being the actual video. It was always one of the red/white Audio plugs that produced video out. (Bought several ones from various places)

I've never found a cable where the yellow ended up being the actual video. It was always one of the red/white Audio plugs that produced video out. (Bought several ones from various places)
Yes I have had that experience too

Back