AV output problem

barahir

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello
Before I bought this device, I got it by thinking that I would transfer the camera image to the multimedia device via wi-fi. (I didn't know the bit rate was down)
When I used Wi-fi in a continuously open position, I had a deadlock problem after a period of time.
I decided to use the AV output when thinking about how to transfer the view to a multimedia device. I saw that the parking mode cable has switched off the AV output. I've got two cables, two of them don't go into the AV out :oops:
I'm asking @viofo authorities, did you ever think about how to use the AV output when designing this cable?
If we get energy from the GPS module, this time the parking mode does not work :mad:
I'm surprised at what to do, frankly :confused:

You need to publish an update that will run parking mode from GPS module

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 79
Bit of a messy solution, but would this help? It would allow you to have the cable angled the other way, away from the AV socket. Obviously you would then have another right angle when you connect the original lead back up to the adapter.

Description says it is a 5 pin adapter so should carry the correct trigger feed for the ACC.

CY 2pcs Mini USB 2.0 5P Male to Female Extension Adapter 90 Degree Left angled Right Angled
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015PRVI62

The link doesn’t seem to post properly [emoji1745]‍[emoji3603]
faf8dde07031c01e826700fb1c1736f8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also, I saw this ‘bodge’ job on a recent comparison video

e33cdb405d8810c3ba0b9cb530333f4e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is the AV output used for on the A129?

it's a video out

What do people typically use it for though? Do they connect it to a screen on their car to use as a backup cam?

Just shows whatever you would see on the LCD, whether that's useful or not is subjective I guess

What do people typically use it for though? Do they connect it to a screen on their car to use as a backup cam?

I use the rear camera for recording inside the vehicle. Sometimes we have to look at the screen.

No matter for what he want to use it.
Its a good observation.

There must be a adapter out there, or it would be nice when viofo make a solution for this problem.

In next camera the connectors have to be replaced to other position.

@viofo Will parking mode work from the GPS module with the software update?

When i had my 4 channel analog system i did have the video of 1 or all 4 cameras going on my 2 DIN head unit, but i also realized after a while that it is pretty silly to have a video feed going of what you see yourself looking out the windscreen.
Of course you could have the rear camera going there or any of the side cameras, but really you should be focusing on your driving.
And just like needless ( and illegal ) usage of the car front fog lights, then it is pretty silly to do, and now my brain have a hard time thinking why people would do that.

What about using a wire with the 3.5 mm jack angled too ? though i am not sure it fit in under the angled USB plug, or if you can get the angled plug on wire or adapter in a low profile model, the average height on what need to fit under the USB plug seem to be just around 13 mm

@viofo Will parking mode work from the GPS module with the software update?
There are not enough pins in the GPS-to-A129 connection to support a 3-wire hardwire kit. No software update can change that.

There are not enough pins in the GPS-to-A129 connection to support a 3-wire hardwire kit. No software update can change that.

Oh, I get it.
Then they must produce a new gps module.
if they also have a design like this, the clutter of the cables is also solved. The micro HDMI output is a bonus :)
@viofo

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 18
Parking mode through the mount would require one more pin, that's feasible, running video through the pins is likely to be problematic, would be surprised if they did that

Back