Availability?

DroMike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S (pending)
I was hoping to first read some general post-receipt reviews on the BV900 before I pulled the trigger; but I just saw a website posted it was backordered until the end of May. Has anybody (other than prolific-tester VR) actually received this model yet, or been given a solid (or even general) real-world estimate as to when you'd get yours? I'm hoping this is just a supply and demand glitch and BV isn't further tinkering with it. If the former, maybe my strategy should change to ordering it now so I'm not pushed back for delivery until July. Still any breadcrumbs you can throw in my direction for a little enlightenment would help. Thx. - Mike

Hey Mike,

From what we should be getting from BlackVue and how many pre-orders we got mid to late May seems right. However, things may change? If there's production problems or anything of that sort this could be even more delayed.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Darn it! When I preordered it was “late April” then “early May” then “May” and now “mid to late May?” We’re getting it in 2019 after all.

Jimmy - Thank you. Admittedly though it does seem to be a bit arbitrary.

Batman -- I feel your pain buddy. Although I've only considered obtaining a dashcam and have only heard of the 900 in the last few weeks, I'm sure you (and others) have probably been waiting on it for many months. But honestly, I'm seeing truly beautiful and impressive videos of Garmin and Viofo A119s cams constantly -- and they're only about 1/4 the cost of the 900 (of course they're only 1-channel cams). Still, if BV keeps kicking the can of availability down the road, and dangling an unreachable carrot in front of us, I'm beginning to wonder if one of those former two are all I really need, y'know...?

Ultimately, patience is a virtue of course and I'm happy to wait a reasonable amount of time longer if there is in fact some light at the end of the tunnel.

But honestly, I'm seeing truly beautiful and impressive videos of Garmin and Viofo A119s cams constantly -- and they're only about 1/4 the cost of the 900 (of course they're only 1-channel cams).
Viofo is supposed to be coming out with a 2 channel system (A129) in the near future which should still be reasonably priced. There are some videos on YouTube already if you care to look.

Viofo is supposed to be coming out with a 2 channel system (A129) in the near future which should still be reasonably priced. There are some videos on YouTube already if you care to look.

Spectacular; that IS good news! I am definitely going to check that out. Considering the anticipated quality of the videos, that would easily make it the best 2-channel dashcam value available (and I LOVE great value). Thanks for that info (I guess this type of communication and help is what any good forum's all about, huh?).

Last edited:
I originally planned on ordering from BlackBoxMyCar, but ended up ordering from TheDashCamStore on Tuesday (based on their expected shipping date of April 27) and mine was shipped out yesterday!

That's great news! If you don't do a review, please at least let us know when you've received it so the rest of us know it's truly available (and I'd think you'll be the first one -- at least here on the forums). And BTW, congratulations - enjoy!!

BTW, is your name slovakian...? ;-)

TheDashCamStore Has 2 left in stock. Now wondering why blackboxmycar does not. I may go ahead and cancel my order from them and go with dashcamstore instead.

So DashCamStore already start shipping their DR900S?!?!! That’s unfair!

I pre-ordered mine from Blackboxmycar early April....LOL...I’m still waiting probably until late May. Unfortunately, I’m loyal to Blackboxmycar due to their awesome customer service and deals+promos. If their customer service sucks...yeah I would’ve switch to others, but BBMC so far has been great. I spent over $1100 on BBMC this month alone LOL. I bought DR-590W 2CH and a Cellink Neo from them for my mom’s car and I’m very satisfied. Now I’m waiting for that DR900 for my own car.

TIP: never buy stuff from their Amazon store. It’s way cheaper from their own website. Look for their promo codes.

TheDashCamStore Has 2 left in stock. Now wondering why blackboxmycar does not. I may go ahead and cancel my order from them and go with dashcamstore instead.

Those left in stock appear to be the 1-channel versions. The 2-channel versions still show they are on pre-order with a "release date" of May 8, 2018.

Correct, just the 1 channel version. But that’s what I want, darn it.

Correct, just the 1 channel version. But that’s what I want, darn it.

It's all supply and demand. Unless the price significantly favors BBMC or someone on their staff is your family member, it's merely business so you should buy it where it's available which is entirely your prerogative as a consumer. [If I weren't holding out for the 2-channel model,] I certainly would.

It's all supply and demand. Unless the price significantly favors BBMC or someone on their staff is your family member, it's merely business so you should buy it where it's available which is entirely your prerogative as a consumer. [If I weren't holding out for the 2-channel model,] I certainly would.
+1

Sorry guys, I honestly don't have many answers on stock levels but as soon as we get them we will ship them out.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

p.s. @Vortex Radar has a discount code you guys can use to save some $$

Last edited:
Good News, we just got the shipment for DR900S-1CH and we will begin shipping shortly! Thank you to all for your patience!

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Back