Avoid AZDome M300S Dash Cam

jaguar_83

Reaction score
Country
United States
Purchased M300S back in mid-January of this year. Had issues with 64GB card so started using included 32GB card. Found that when card gets full, the unit stops recording until card is manually formatted and this is only noticeable if you stare at the camera to notice red recording light not blinking. I updated to the latest firmware with same results. Also camera doesn't power on sometimes until car ignition is turned off and back on again. I tried sorting issues out with Manufacture and they had me send them images of the unit & MicroSD card but they put up excuses that they have to fine the purchase in their system or message them via the website where I originally purchased the unit. Kind of pointless to have an email support system if you're going to re-route the buyer to another means of communication. They ignored my emails after requesting to continue communication via 3rd party dealer. I do not recommend this brand to consumers, items are defective (buggy) and tech support is disappointing. Go with a known brand dash cam instead.

One thing dashcam consumers don't realize is when you purchase a dashcam you're also purchasing their "support system". Unfortunately, you've had to deal with some terrible support.

Many people rationalize that they're getting a better deal when they pay less money. But are they really getting a better deal?

After dealing with a company that had lackluster support with almost no one who could understand you or vice versa, I chose Blackvue. Thinkware was in the hunt until I learned their customer support wasn't very good. I wasn't about to make that mistake again!

I have not had my Blackvue dashcam that long, and I can't tell you how many times I've called directly to South Korea and got somebody in the tech department on the line within 2 to 3 minutes. They communicate extremely well and they solve your problems, most of the time.

Who knows, perhaps your current dashcam Company can make good and solve your issues. If not, I wish you the best in selecting a Company that has both a good quality dashcam and good customer support.

Welcome to DCT @jaguar_83 :)

You're not alone in making this kind of discovery about some dashcam manufacturers and sellers. Folks usually come here after it happens or we could help them avoid the problem, which is how we'd rather see things occur. There are many good manufacturers and sellers who go to great lengths to help their buyers so don't let this experience sour you on future cam purchases, just research things and ask here first and hopefully it won't happen to you again.

Phil

Hi guys,
Just a quick comment on AZDOME'S, so called "support."

I run an AZDOME GS63H & a last year, it started to play up. (Can't remember what.)
I tried contacting them through their web site & also sent an email.

I waited & waited & waited.

Around 2 Months later I received a very short reply, which I carried out (Can't remember exactly) but it did not work.

Tried contacting them again, but you guessed it.
No response at all.

Eventually, I contacted the eBay seller & they sent me a replacement dashcam, at no charge & said to keep the old one.

I managed to rectify the small error as well.

The dashcam/s works fine, with great resolution, pin point focus & lots of good features.
Has GPS as well as loop recording etc., etc. & are built very solidly. Not your usual plastic case variety.
Night time is really not the best but then which dashcam is.....in total darkness/way out in the sticks?
Number plates are easy to read as well.
Very happy with it.

Original cost was around $100.00 AU.

T'is a pity that the suction mount is not available anymore but I did buy a couple of spares before they stopped selling them.

For such a great dashcam & being a large manufacturer, I find it very strange that they do not support their products very well.....if at all.
:)

Anyway, I now have 2 spares (I bought another one), so am happy.
They are still available, if required.

Stay safe guys.

@StrayCam: You're certainly right, you get what you pay for. But with the good reviews I was seeing on youtube about AZDOME I figured it was worth a shot. Unfortunately it didn't work in my case but I'm hoping the Blackvue I'm replacing it with won't give me any problems!

@SawMaster: Thanks for the welcome! Now a days a dash cam comes in quite handy so I certainly won't let my experience with AZDOME draw me away from having one. In fact I'll be replacing it with a Blackvue. Those seem to be quite popular and fit the requirements I'm looking for in a dash cam. Will be installing it this weekend with hopes of good long term results.

@CaptureYourAction: Made sure all the necessary settings we set correctly and when that didn't work I updated to their latest firmware with still the same result. Unfortunately AZDOME is too buggy so I'll be switching over to another brand in hopes of better results.

@Michael23: Their email support system is very unreliable. But I'm glad to hear the seller sent you a new cam and that it worked as intended. It would have been great if that was the outcome with me but unfortunately AZDOME was very unsupportive with their product. Definitely won't be recommending it to anyone else.

I see often on here, people are super friendly and try to help a new dashcam user troubleshoot. Which is great because occasionally it is a camera or memory card issue! But, I am always very quick to suggest that the user returns the camera to Amazon if it's in the return period, because outside of that the seller can pretty much ghost you for support and there's almost no recourse. It happens a lot with the ultrabudget cameras and even some more "reputable" dashcam manufacturers have been known to have really bad support. In general with cheap cams that first 30 days to return the dashcam is the only time period for support the user will get, so if something is out of focus, or not reading multiple memory cards correctly, I always suggest to stop fussing with it and send it back asap. If it's having problems now, guarantee that 6 months down the line those problems will be worse and worse.

I've tested several azdome cameras which were great upfront, then later heard a lot of feedback of their poor customer service and quality control. Genuinely I don't get why a company will do this, spend all the R&D on their product, then cheap out on the post purchase experience because it is not a good business model long term.

I see often on here, people are super friendly and try to help a new dashcam user troubleshoot. Which is great because occasionally it is a camera or memory card issue! But, I am always very quick to suggest that the user returns the camera to Amazon if it's in the return period, because outside of that the seller can pretty much ghost you for support and there's almost no recourse. It happens a lot with the ultrabudget cameras and even some more "reputable" dashcam manufacturers have been known to have really bad support. In general with cheap cams that first 30 days to return the dashcam is the only time period for support the user will get, so if something is out of focus, or not reading multiple memory cards correctly, I always suggest to stop fussing with it and send it back asap. If it's having problems now, guarantee that 6 months down the line those problems will be worse and worse.

I've tested several azdome cameras which were great upfront, then later heard a lot of feedback of their poor customer service and quality control. Genuinely I don't get why a company will do this, spend all the R&D on their product, then cheap out on the post purchase experience because it is not a good business model long term.
Your comments are spot-on! And it is never a question "if a problem will arise", but "when a problem will arise" because a problem/tech issue will arise. - - "Buyer Beware" to all of those considering buying a cheap dash cam with no customer support! - - It's really not worth your sanity nor your money.

I have the m300. The app crashes everyday. I have to uninstall and reinstall it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DrekiTech Dash Cam Reviews 10
Back