AZDOME Dashcam GS63H - Blurry Footage

Ray Toh

Reaction score
Country
Qatar
Hi All,

Got this camera and video looks blurry despite 4K resolution.

Plastic film remove in front of camera, tested camera outside car, reset camera to factory setting.. Still the same blurry.

Anyone can help as Azdome support is not willing to support as it was purchased from a non authorised store.

Hi Ray,
How old is the dashcam?
They have a 12 month warranty, so I'd suggest you return it to the store for a refund or a replacement.

Do you have a 5 Volt power bank?
Is it possible for you to test the "new" unit at the store?
Maybe take an Micro SD Card adapter with you?

I've never had that kind of problem with any of mine.
Images/videos are crystal clear...But I don't use mine at 4K...Not necessary for me.
Try at lower settings?

AZDOME support is crapola.....almost non existent.

Last edited:
If you read this post, it says the Azdome GS63H uses the 9 year old OV4689 4MP image sensor, so you wont get full 4K sharpness since there are only half the required pixels!

If you were to post an image then someone could check if it is as expected for the dashcam, or if there is something wrong even for a fake 4K dashcam...

Sorry all, I thogght I had uploaded the images.

Got it from a fb page, warranty doesn't work as per dealer as the purchase was not done thru proper channel.

Any thoughts about why images are blurry.? It is setting?

Lens is likely just out of focus. Since you don't have any warranty, you can open it up and refocus it. Google how to do it. You likely won't find your model, but you should find a few videos on how it's done in general.

Any thoughts about why images are blurry.? It is setting?
That is pretty poor quality for any dashcam!

I would have a go at refocusing the lens, as CaptureYourAction suggests, but I'm not convinced that is the entire problem.

Back