AZDome models M01 Pro and GS63H

richx

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
A129 Duo, A139, Mola N3, A119v2, B4K
I happened to be trawling around AliExpress and came across the brand AZDome. They're mostly low-end focused, with a couple of higher end models listed on their website but not available on AliExpress maybe to be supplied as project or relabel by other brands.

I notice the M01 Pro being particularly cheap and also attracting a fair bit of reviews. Specifications are:
6-element glass F2.0 150 degrees lens
polycarbonate + zinc alloy shell
3" IPS 640x360 px screen
Mstar 8336 chip
GC2053 sensor
200 mAh battery

Optional rear camera is external cube type, VGA sensor.
Price is ~US$ 40 with rear camera

The GS63H is one step above with some notable improvements:
6-element glass F1.8 170 degrees lens
OV4689 sensor
NT96660 chip
WiFi and GPS
250 mAh battery

Optional rear camera is external cube type, VGA sensor.
Price is ~US$ 60 with rear camera

Observations:
The rear cameras on either model are probably not worth talking about, but I guess if you're not able to upgrade radio on an old car, at least you get a reverse camera out of it (there seems to be reverse signal trigger and guide lines on the screen).
There's no auto-switch parking mode, the hardwire kits available are only 2-line even if the product literature has some mention on 24-hour protection and motion detection, etc.
The GS63H looks to be the same chip and sensor as Viofo A119, with an extra GPS logger thrown in and cheaper price.
No supercapacitor on either of these models.

Now the question is does any one have / had any hands-on experience with these two models? Thanks!

Hello richx,
I run a GS63H & it's very good at recording video in the day time but like all the other dashcams has a bit of a problem at night
on a country road with no street lighting.
City driving with street lighting is pretty good, as are most dashcams.
Never found one that does perform well to any great degree. (Others may have other ideas on that subject.)

Anyway, overall it's a great little camera with lots of features.
It does weigh in a tad on the heavy side but nothing to worry about.
Shows that it's a solidly made unit, not like some of those with just a plastic outer shell.
The screen displays a very good image with not too much edge distortion.
On playback this is not displayed, just a clean image.
Recorded sound/s are fair to middlin', but adequate.

The mounting to the suction cup assy., is a "slide in" fitting, so it can be removed very easily, if required.
PLUS, spare suction cup assy's are available as well.

The dashcam & spare suction cups are available on eBay & prices are very reasonable.

re; The battery...It's only there to back-up/save the videos on power down. It will not power the dashcam.
Must be powered from the 12Volt to 5 Volt lead or by a 5 Volt power bank.
Same with the capacitor types.

The GPS unit is built-in to the top of the dashcam & establishes a connection fairly rapidly & displays on the screen.

The loop times default to 3 Mins & the file sizes at 1280 x 720 (120 FPS) are around 440 Meg.
At 1280 x 720 (60 FPS) are 290 Meg.
I can't remember the maximum SD card size but think it was either 32 or 64 Gig.
I run either the SAMSUNG or TRANSCEND Class 10 cards & have not had any probs with them.

All in all, a reasonably priced, great little dashcam.
Does not block your view of the road/s either when mounted adjacent to the rear view mirror.
Fairly small profile.

As for the "MO1 Pro"? Cannot say, as I've never bought one.

Hope this helps a tad.

Stay safe.
Regards, Mike..

ps. Has anyone been able to contact AZDOME recently?
They don't seem interested in answering any of my emails.
Thanks guys.

Last edited:
@Michael23 thanks for explaining your experience in much detail. It does look very complete for the pricetag. Do you use 1080p60? That looks like an interesting option, can do slow-motion a bit in the event something was captured.

Hello richx,
You're welcome.

As I am running a reasonably old 'n' slow 32 bit desk top computer & having experimented with most of the resolution options, I've found that the lower resolutions
are much better on this system.

If you have a more modern M/C, then you will be able to run at the higher resolutions.
A little experimentation may be required.

If you want to review in slow motion, you can change that option in the viewer software.
This bit of info. is from the User's Manual of the > Dashcam Viewer > https://dashcamviewer.com/

23.INCREASE/DECREASE PLAYBACK RATE
Increase or decrease the video playback rate. Playback rates of 1/16x to 5x are
supported. Note that some stuttering may occur if the playback rate is too fast for
the computer.

That is just one of the many features the viewer has to offer.

Anyway, I hope this assists with your choice.
There may/will be others who will add their 2 cents worth. :)

Stay safe.

Regards, Mike..

ps. Here's the link to the AZDOME suction cups on eBay.
(Please note that the eBay links are very long so I always use the "tinyurl" site.)
> https://tinyurl.com/6vm422wj
The dashcams are also available on eBay.

Last edited:
Back