b124x in a 2009 Honda crv ctdi

ag11422

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
advice needed please
I want to hard wire b124x battery manual says use fuse of 10 amps or less from car in fuse tap then 20amp furthest from fuse tap blades.I thought a lower amp fuse needed to be in furthest away..Looked on youtube an video advises 20 amp from car ??what have others done please
regards
andy

You can use any fuse rated between 10A-30A!

many thanks..next problem I am having is on my 2009 honda crv ctdi I cannot find a switched fuse as even cigarette lighter has power to it even when ignition off..any honda owners overcome this problem?

The radio fuse is a common one to use for a switched supply. Does your radio work with the key off?

Hi Ralph2
On my honda several fuses need ignition on to work such as moonroof, power windows,auxillary sockets which all have 15amp or higher fuses but when I test their fuses with ignition off they still have a live 12volt feed radio only 7.5 amp perhaps need to post on a honda crv forum
Thanks for reply anyway

Or look in the manual.
The 'moon roof' etc. on my Honda Civic is controlled by relays 'after' the fuse, but there are quite a number of fuses that switch with the ignition.
The radio 7.5A fuse connection will be fine AS LONG as you get the piggy back the 'right' way round, with the blade furthest from the 'tail' connected to the live side of the fuse, not the radio side (remove the fuse and test with a voltmeter). This will leave both the radio and the B124 separately fused. If you get ti the 'wrong' way round, the current to the B124 will also flow through the 7.5A radio fuse and possibly blow it.
If you are not sure of how to do it, find someone who knows about these things.

thank you for your reply. I was concerned that radio fuse was only 7.5amp when B124x battery pack instructions states at least 10amps.Also when looing on youtube at piggyback fuses they state the original fuse closer to fuse tap blades needs to be higher amps than the b124x fuse supplied which is 20amp which leads me to assume I need a 20amp at least car fuse but perhaps as you mention I should leave it to somebody more knowledgable

Attached is a schematic of a typical fuse tap. Study the path of electricity as it travels to both the original and new device. AND note how it would change if the hot leg of the tap were reversed... as in if the tap was rotated 180 degrees.
Note this shows the setup for a dash cam with a low amperage fuse. Your application will require a larger capacity fuse but if the fuse tap is installed in the correct orientation there will be no problems. Again.. picture the flow of the current.. from the hot leg.. through the new larger fuse and to your application. If reversed.. the flow will go through the original fuse.. then the new fuse.
Seen on different forum today a good simple test:
Plug it in with only the tap fuse inserted, if your new application powers up then you know that you have the common pin connected to power, if it doesn't power up until you fit the original fuse then you have the other pin connected to power.

Attachments

• Fuse tap schematic.png
    Fuse tap schematic.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I am looking to integrate OpenAuto Pro RPI with my Honda CRV which has HDMI input and touchscreen. Any idea to enable touch option in CR with connected HDMI from RPI ?

Back